No announcement yet.

Skin getting worse....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people have issues with the erythritol. I will itch for days if I have any exposure to gluten, and the longer I am gluten free, the more sensitive the reaction.
    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Comment

Sounds like a bit of eczema, which can be caused by a variety of things for different people. I used to have it all over when I was a kid but it has gotten a lot better as an adult. I have dust mite covers on my bed and pillow, clean my house with natural cleaners like vinegar and baking soda, double rinse my laundry and use a mild detergent, no antibacterial soaps on my hands and try to wash them mainly with water, Aveeno skin cream for my face and body. These things were all trial and error over the years but have helped a great deal.

The thing with eczema is that it's not always just one thing. It's a hypersensitivity to a number of things which can be both environmental and food-wise. Tomatoes tend to be my trigger food and will keep me up at night with an all over itchy feeling as well as cause cracks in the corners of my lips.

Good luck finding your trigger.
      Female / 5' 8" / 42 / SW: 166 CW: 159
      Journal: Inspired by success story. Working on my own.

My mermish life: ENTER to WIN Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (until Mar 15)

Comment

Have you tried anything like cortisone? If it is greasy and oily, I'd not be using anything like shea butter, unless you enjoy clogged pores. My other thought on dandruff and oil is salycilic acid. I get peels that use it (and other acids) and it turns over your skin cells and declogs pores. It seems counterintuitive but it works. An aesthetician could help you.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

That sounds like an allergy or sensitivity. Try switching to something milder for everything that touches your skin. My brother developed a bad allergy to one particular brand of laundry detergent when he was in college. Did you change anything (soap, diet, etc) around the time you noticed it getting worse?

Comment

Yeah just assume it's some kind of adjustment phase and give it a month without making any more changes.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I'm a very itchy person. My scalp drives me nuts!! (scratch scratch) I use only Dr. Bronners soap and Coconut oil for a moisturizer. I have found that a rinse of Cider Vinegar & water solution helps sooth the itching a lot, and my hair likes it too. (1oz of vinegar in 16 oz water)

Comment

+1 for the coconut oil on dry skin and hair - it works wonders and smells good too !

Comment

1) I suggest rubbing Grapeseed Oil into your problem skin areas. This is truly a MIRACLE product for skin problems.

I use it on my feet every morning, and my feet & toenails have gone from flaky, fungy, itchy, yucky, stinky, fugly to picture perfect. Wife uses it on her extremely dry skin after showers.

2) Take Vitamin K2 in the AM & PM. Vitamin K2 is great for skin problems.
                  The Heart, Bone and Skin Health Benefits of Vitamin K |*Smart Publications

If the above doesn't help, I think you are having a reaction to your diet. Try eliminating your Night Shades, which are known to cause skin problems.

Grizz

Comment

Ok I'll have to try some of these things--ironically, coconut oil makes everything worse. I have a big tub of it in the bathroom and will use it anywhere but my hair and face--it turns both into a mess. And not just from being oily, it makes my skin peel more

I may have to try the grapeseed, I think my mom mentioned it. Can you just buy it at Whole Foods or somewhere? Does it cost much?
                    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                    --Hyperlithic

Comment

Oh yeah- Tea Tree might help too.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                        Ok I'll have to try some of these things--ironically, coconut oil makes everything worse. I have a big tub of it in the bathroom and will use it anywhere but my hair and face--it turns both into a mess. And not just from being oily, it makes my skin peel more

I may have to try the grapeseed, I think my mom mentioned it. Can you just buy it at Whole Foods or somewhere? Does it cost much?
                        I buy mine at Walgreens, it's called "Merlot."

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                          I buy mine at Walgreens, it's called "Merlot."
                          Ok thank you
                          --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                          --Hyperlithic

Comment

Could be Histamine Intolerance, its what I'm dealing with too. A lot of the foods you listed are high in histamine.
                            Histamine and histamine intolerance
                            Histamine Intolerance, Low Histamine Diet

Comment

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                              Are you using the pure organic virgin oil though? The one that is expensive?. Not all coconut is the same, there is cheaper stuff that is refined and deodorised and it absolutely would make your skin worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Raine View Post
                                Are you using the pure organic virgin oil though? The one that is expensive?. Not all coconut is the same, there is cheaper stuff that is refined and deodorised and it absolutely would make your skin worse.
                                Oh yeah I don't touch the cheap stuff! Only the good stuff here lol
                                --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

--Hyperlithic

Comment

Working...
                                X