Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds Commercial - Quality Matters

Hi Guys,

McDonalds has just launched a new campaign called "Quality Matters," in which they showcase their beef suppliers. What do you guys think about this corporate initiative? Even with this increased effort, it would still be the last place I would want to go for a burger.

See link below.

Supplier Stories :: McDonalds.com

I think everyone should make at least one of their meals a McDonalds meal each day. Go for the Salad Shaker and a McRib! "Quality Matters", ironic, I would argue it doesn't for their patrons!!!!
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

McDonalds has the best beef of any of the low-end chains except In-N-Out. Wendy's might be better now (they are saying it's all natural) but I don't think so.

~rc

Comment

I approve of McDonalds, because they set high standards for how their cattle are treated. They have helped move the industry forward in regards to animal health and welfare. Whatever Mickey Dee's does, so does Burger King and the rest of them. For that, I give them credit. Maybe we can convince them to start frying in beef tallow again? wouldn't that be a victory!

Comment

Higher quality bullshit is still bullshit.
          Randal
          AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
          Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
          http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Janola02 View Post
            Hi Guys,

McDonalds has just launched a new campaign called "Quality Matters," in which they showcase their beef suppliers. What do you guys think about this corporate initiative? Even with this increased effort, it would still be the last place I would want to go for a burger.

See link below.

Supplier Stories :: McDonalds.com
            Probably damage control due to the recent "egg scandal".

McDonald's, Target Drop Egg Supplier Over Cruelty Concerns - Los Angeles Restaurants and Dining - Squid Ink
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

From time to time I watch 'Supersize Me' to remind myself why I never eat out. Ever. I only trust my own hands when it comes to preparing foods.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                Higher quality bullshit is still bullshit.
                +1
                my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Comment

I'm sure the meat is great, but what do they add TO the meat before it becomes a burger? Given, I haven't eaten at McDs in years and years, but Burger King gives me a whacky after-taste and makes me smell funny. And none of the fast food chain burgers taste like any homemade burger I've ever had.

Comment

Why are there any comments that say anything nice about McDonald's in this thread? It's the most industrialized, bleached to hell, GMO, artificial product that can be had. Pretty much all fast food is. It's laden with soybean oil, the fries come from potatoes sprayed with fungicides and worse, the salads are the absolute trash of the vegetable world - it's the worst of the worst. Nobody should ever eat there, even once. The oxidative damage alone should scare you enough, even if you ARE a supporter of the synthetic food of this new world order. Eating at McDonald's says that you don't care about animals, plants, quality or human life. You're basically shopping at Wal-Mart if you eat fast food. Feeding the WRONG economy.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                      It's the most industrialized, bleached to hell, GMO, artificial product that can be had.
                      Have to disagree.

Not suggesting McDonald's is "good" - and I certainly don't eat there outside a blue moon desperation act - but there are far worse out there. Far, far worse. And some of the McDonald's subsidiaries - eg, Pret a Manger - are actually quite good if you need to grab a quick salad or etc.

Eating at McDonald's says that you don't care about animals, plants, quality or human life.
                      Why the need to attack people?

Comment

McDonalds definitely isn't the LAST place I'd go for a burger. If you speak to McDonalds' employees, their standards for cleanliness and hygiene is probably higher than most restaurants. I'd honestly trust the quality of McDonalds' food over many of the "higher quality" chain restaurants. Plus, McDonalds' food is very basic. I bet you're more likely to get meat pumped up full of saline solution and marinated in soybean oil at an Applebee's or a "moderately priced" chain versus a cheaper chain like McDonalds. I'd eat a McDonalds burger before Burger King, Wendy's or White Castle. If it weren't for the damn government, they'd still be frying fries in beef tallow. I'd buy them just out of principle if they started that up again!

McDonalds is actually a very well run organization with consistent quality. Think about it: it's pretty much ALWAYS the same no matter how often you go to McDonalds. As long as you know what you're getting, you're never disappointed. I can't say that about pretty much any other restaurant. All restaurants tend to have "off days", but never McDonalds. In terms of quality control, they may be the finest restaurant out there. Think about it.
                        Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 01-12-2012, 12:41 PM.
                        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

When I used to eat McDonald's breakfast, it would piss me off when some moron didn't follow the standard company order of constructing a Sausage N Egg McMuffin. It's egg on sausage, cheese between sausage and bread, people! Why be an "individual" and put the cheese on the egg, creating a slimy mess?! I'd fire someone for that if I were manager.

Ah well...

McDonald's burger doesn't hurt my stomach like Wendy's. I dunno what Wendy's does to their food, but whatever it is renders it indigestible to me. It's a lump in my stomach for hours and hours! I don't eat either anymore... I'd rather fast in a pinch.

Maybe on a road trip I'd be really bad and get fries.
                          5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

Originally posted by GrokON View Post
                            McDonald's burger doesn't hurt my stomach like Wendy's. I dunno what Wendy's does to their food, but whatever it is renders it indigestible to me. It's a lump in my stomach for hours and hours! I don't eat either anymore... I'd rather fast in a pinch.
                            It may be as simple as McDonald's burgers having no fillers and Wendy's burgers having fillers. I think McDonald's burgers may be 100% beef? The Wendy's burgers may be mixed with breading or some kind of wheat. I'm just snowballing here, I have no evidence of this.
                            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I don't think I could ever believe that a McD's burger patty is 100% meat without any sort of additives.

Comment

Working...
                              X