Clear All

• 75 Reasons to be Veg!

So lame. Lol:

75 Reasons Being Veg is Awesome
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

I especially love number 22, "Greater spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical strength."
    --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

Comment

They MUST be kidding right? Number 47 has to be the most ironic though:
      47. Belonging to a higher-IQ demographic.
      My head hurts from reading this garbage.....

Comment

I like the Vegetarians taste better....its like they are admitting they have lowered themselves on the food chain.

Oh and they can keep their processed tatter tots, cinnamon roll and fake meat....yuck
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Their #2 reason is "Larabars." That's great and all, but you don't have to be vegetarian to eat a Larabar.

#7: The joy of “veganizing” a recipe. "Veganizing" = "ruining".
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
            Their #2 reason is "Larabars." That's great and all, but you don't have to be vegetarian to eat a Larabar.

#7: The joy of “veganizing” a recipe. "Veganizing" = "ruining".
            Haha I concur! Both great points. And Larabars are delicious. Expensive though
            --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

--Hyperlithic

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
              I like the Vegetarians taste better....its like they are admitting they have lowered themselves on the food chain.

Oh and they can keep their processed tatter tots, cinnamon roll and fake meat....yuck
              Lol I assumed they meant it in a sexual way? I remember being veg and people going crazy talking about how having sex with meat eaters is disgusting and even how vegetarians' sexual "fluids" are cleaner and better tasting...though maybe I was reading into it too much??? Lol

And yeah the fake food thing I don't consider something to brag about, not sure why they put that on the list
              --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

--Hyperlithic

Comment

Bit of a generalisation..but all the vegos I have ever met eat junk food like processed lollies, chips etc etc. They don't seem to be in it for real health.

Comment

75. Fake meat.
                  So basically, the culmination of an article on the great reasons to be a vegetarian is eating something that mimics the thing you're not eating.

Comment

Yea....

That is a funny one.

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                    I especially love number 22, "Greater spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical strength."
                    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
                    -Somebody funny

Comment

10. Helping put an end to global famine. I am so tired of this claim. Mono culture corn, wheat and soy is not the answer to global hunger. Think outside the box guys/gals. Or perhaps they mean algae biscuits. Yum
                      An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
                      -Somebody funny

Comment

Oh and number 76, nutrient filled bone broth, oh wait, that's Paleo
                        -Somebody funny

Comment

My thoughts in bold...
                          1. Never having to wear leather pants.- No, so you get stuck wearing pleather that smells and gives you a rash.
                          4. Planning veg vacations.- Where you eat spaghetti if you are lucky. Or maybe an iceberg lettuce salad.
                          6. Compassion tastes great! No, sweetheart, it's being a judgey pants you enjoy and no one likes you.
                          7. The joy of “veganizing” a recipe. Until you taste it and it tastes like crap and you have spaghetti, yet again.,
                          9. Vegan marshmallows. That blow out your mixer and make a mess and taste like what you can get for $.99 at the store
                          10. Helping put an end to global famine. LOL, so you donate to famine relief efforts with the money you save on meat??
                          11. Morningstar Farms Riblets. That cost more than real pastured ribs, taste like cardboard and probably killed a bunch of mice in the soyfields
                          12. A lower rate of sexual impotence. TMI, but my sex drive is up since going primal....though I'm a girl
                          13. Resisting cruel fashion trends without a second thought. Pleather is cruel to humans.
                          15. Being a part of something that matters. Like the local PETA group everyone laughs at? Or the veggie potluck where half the people bring either pizza or wholegrain bagels?
                          20. Getting to bow out of in-laws’ barbecues. No, you still have to go and be nagged about not eating meat. Plus you have to drop $4.99 on a box of veggie burgers that they burn for ya!
                          21. Not having to look at the gross materials handed out by animal-rights activists! No one else does either.
                          23. Not contributing as much to global warming. Except that your soy products traveled farther than my porkchop, and hello- pleather? It's a petroleum product.
                          27. Helping Grandma learn new words like “vegan.” Of course she is sad when you yell at her about the cheese in her famed cheesecake.
                          31. Looking into the faces of animal companions without guilt. My dog and cat could care less if I eat meat, seeing as though they do too... my horse could care less as well.
                          32. Vegan guys are hot! If ya like 'em skinny and pussy whipped!
                          34. Being an activist at every meal. gag...
                          37. Meeting brilliant, compassionate, creative people who advocate for the voiceless. For every one of those, you'll meet 25 smug assholes who enjoy judgeing and telling people what to do.
                          59. Being consistent. (Claim to love animals? Prove it!) You can still do things like adopt dogs and cats, volunteer at shelters. A suprising number of vegetarians don't do these things.
                          61. Better skin and fewer zits. Sorry sweeties, my skin is better since eating meat.
                          62. Getting to wear pleather in a non-weird way. Pleather is awful.
                          63. Cheaper groceries. No, actully not. I paid $6 for a pound of ground grass fed beef. Veggie burgers are about $4.99 a box. I don't need cheese or a bun for my $1.50 beef burger. I need to buy soy cheese and a bun and ketchup and mayo to make my $1.25 veggire burger good.
                          64. All those amazing vegetables! Love 'em alongside my steak!
                          69. Indulging guiltlessly in rich, delicious vegan desserts. Bwahahahaha, what like an unset tofu cream pie? Or tofutti cuties that cost more than Haagaz Das?
                          75. Fake meat. Seriously? some fake meats are OK, but so many contain awesome stuff like HFCS. Plus they are $$$$$$

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

15. Being a part of something that matters.
                            fixed: Being a part of something that matters to your own ego.

16. Having clean arteries that aren’t clogged with dead-animal goo.
                            Number 16 from the list of why it's great to be primal should be:
                            Understanding how digestion and metabolism works.

29. Saving an average of 200 animals a year just by not eating them
                            ....and not giving a damn about the many thousands that are killed in mass-scale mono-crop farming to produce their tofurkey and whole grain pita chips?

I'd love to see Richard Nikoley decimate that list one-by-one LOL
                            Last edited by kennelmom; 01-12-2012, 07:09 AM.
                            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

We should start a list of 75 reasons not be a vegan.
                              "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
                              - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

Working...
                              X