Weight Watchers dubs McNugget and Filet-o-Fish as "HEALTHY"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Watchers dubs McNugget and Filet-o-Fish as "HEALTHY"

McDonald's Chicken McNuggets branded 'healthy' by Weight Watchers - Telegraph

My first thought is "WTF"... and of course, "Follow the money, honey..."

Sadly I know this will mean McDonald's already super high record sales will go higher and higher and higher.

I just see a load of fat men and women with good intentions but poo brains driving through right now to get a 20 peace and fish filet... screaming "It's GOOD FOR ME! FINALLY!"
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

He he!

Have to laugh that the NHS is recommending women should eat 1500 cal a day and men 2000. That's obviously for those sitting on their arse all day.

I'm averaging 2500 a day while gradually losing weight losing fat and gaining muscle.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM. Reason: typo
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

At least this will make Weight-Watchers far less acceptable for most. They will seek alternative ways of eating. Hopefully, they will find the truth.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

A friend of mine doing WW tells me "it's about eating less... even if it's McDonalds it's less..." and my responce was "no... it shouldn't be about eating less if what your eating is shit... it should be about eating right."

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

1) WW claims they only partnered with McDonald's because they are offering healthier stuff like salads and fruits
          2) So instead of approving said salads and fruits, they approve the Chicken McNuggets, Fillet-o-Fish, and the Sweet Chilli Seared Chicken Wrap instead

Comment

I'm going on weight watchers when the mcrib gets approved!

Comment

hahahaha.... if i don't laugh at this thread i might have to cry!

Comment

WTF! Oh hell, this is going to make a lot of people over here very happy...
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Uhhh yeah, except they're sticking their sticker on the Filet-of-Fish and the McNugget... if someone wants a salad or some fruit they've got it all wrong if their first idea is McDonalds...

Comment

Originally posted by Dracil View Post
                    1) WW claims they only partnered with McDonald's because they are offering healthier stuff like salads and fruits
                    2) So instead of approving said salads and fruits, they approve the Chicken McNuggets, Fillet-o-Fish, and the Sweet Chilli Seared Chicken Wrap instead
                    Good to see I'm not the only one who read it that way. Shocking. You can have a 10 piece nuggets 3 x per day and still be within your point total.

Even when I was straight SAD I thought those things were disgusting.
                    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Yeah, and those salad dressings are full or chemicals, as is the yogurt.

Comment

face : palm
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Weight watchers will produce weight loss and better health if followed correctly. I see nothing wrong with this. Weight watchers isn't necessarily saying these things are healthy, but they are saying that these things can fit into your diet if you work the rest of your day around it.

lol, I bet there are a lot less "I am following the diet but not losing weight, what am I doing wrong?" threads on the weight watchers website.

I don't understand why all of you are hating on this to be honest. Weight watchers is just a different way of counting calories. It isn't always optimal in terms of micro and macro nutrients, but it will produce results if followed correctly.
                          Last edited by jimhensen; 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
                            Weight watchers will produce weight loss and better health if followed correctly. I see nothing wrong with this. Weight watchers isn't necessarily saying these things are healthy, but they are saying that these things can fit into your diet if you work the rest of your day around it.

lol, I bet there are a lot less "I am following the diet but not losing weight, what am I doing wrong?" threads on the weight watchers website.

I don't understand why all of you are hating on this to be honest. Weight watchers is just a different way of counting calories. It isn't always optimal in terms of micro and macro nutrients, but it will produce results if followed correctly.
                            Yeah you can lose weight using lots of unhealthy methods like WW, ive been there done that.
                            But now its all about health for me, long term health, the weight loss will follow.
                            I don't think most people around these parts are only after a quick fix weight loss.
                            You post some crazy shit around here, why are you on this forum exactly?

This really does suck, as people following WW, will now just eat this stuff and not feel bad about it, its nasty food, actually its not even food, I can't believe the amount of mcdonalds I ate in the past, and even fed to my children

Comment

Jim, I do understand you and get your point. In a sense it's not any different than the 80/20 rule in MDA. There is room for treats and indulgences. Their defense is that they aren't saying these things are 'healthy', merely giving them a 'point value' so one can work them into their program.

However, the reality is that simply putting the lable on there gives the implication that they are healty. Hey, it's chicken and fish, that's healthier than burgers. And it's probably effecting the choices of those *not* on Weight Watchers more than those actually doing the program. No different than the '100% Whole Grains' lable on the sugar coated chocolatey sugar bombs cereal. It's healthy, it's wholesome. Reminds me of the whole Bill Cosby routine. Dad is great, gives us chocolate cake. You see the lable and you think healthy, simple as that. No different than the old snake oil salesmen.
                              Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Working...
                              X