Quick response needed: less than one hour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick response needed: less than one hour

My wife wants to go to a hamburger place because she doesn't feel like cooking. I just finished a pretty heavy workout that involved 70+ 150# bench, about the same pull ups, 20 235# squats and 24 140# Straight leg dead lifts. There are not great post workout carb options at this joint. What's my best choice: sweet potato fries cooked in pufa oil (most likely), eat the bun, or none of the above and just not worry about eating a lot of carbs and just get a salad? Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
    Strength and Honor

Salad trumps PUFA every time!

Comment

Just get a salad. One day of improper post work out fueling will be infinitely better than your other options.

Comment

Zombie thread!

Oh, I saw your join date and thought that was the post date. Oops!

I'd just order the meat and greens. That's what I do at Qdoba.
        Last edited by Knifegill; 01-09-2012, 05:45 PM.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

IMO, Salad is best option, sweet potato fries cooked in PUFA second best. Stay away from the bun! Put the bun down!

You could also get two burgers and eat no buns.
          My True Primal Story

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPickles View Post
            IMO, Salad is best option, sweet potato fries cooked in PUFA second best. Stay away from the bun! Put the bun down!

You could also get two burgers and eat no buns.
            This.
            5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

Meh, after a hard lifting session like that, I'd eat the freaking bun, that is, if you don't have
              any adverse effects to wheat.

My husband and I went out to thai food today for lunch.

I lifted heavy today, full body workout, that took farking FOREVER, and you bet your bippy
              I ate the TWO cups of white rice they served with it. BOY HOWDY.

Still full, too.... that was 6 hrs ago....

Comment

Damn, a minute too late. Oh well. Don't need to know my opinion then... Ha!
                Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
                  My wife wants to go to a hamburger place because she doesn't feel like cooking. I just finished a pretty heavy workout that involved 70+ 150# bench, about the same pull ups, 20 235# squats and 24 140# Straight leg dead lifts. There are not great post workout carb options at this joint. What's my best choice: sweet potato fries cooked in pufa oil (most likely), eat the bun, or none of the above and just not worry about eating a lot of carbs and just get a salad? Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
                  Say, "See you later, honey...I'm having pasta at home."

Comment

Working...
                  X