whey protein

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whey protein

what kind do you recommend?(soy free, sweetner free please)

can you cook with it?

Oh actually, i wonder about that too... cause I get told that heat is bad... but then i keep see recipes that says, throw some in!

Comment

I use GNC brand, which I imagine most people on here will scoff at.

NO you can't cook with it. I tried to make hot chocolate out of it a couple months ago and it was rather comical. Try it and see. lol

Comment

I use a local store brand (Wegman's) and I LOVE it.

Comment

What's wrong with real protein (meat)?

I can't understand why anyone who subscribes to PB thinking would even consider consuming protein powder???

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
          Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
          Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

Because I'm lazy. =D

Comment

I've heard good things about Designer Whey. Most kinds are ok under heat (I've baked with it before).

I used to bring powder to classes for convienince. Then I went primal and realized meat was way more satisfying

Comment

I'm with Tarlach on this one, why on earth would you go out and eat something so highly processed?!

Wouldn't that be against the idea behind the primal blueprint? (I know Marc endorses whey powder, but still I don't agree with him on this one... I think it waters down the idea behind all of the primal blueprint!)

eat real food! :-)

Comment

Good and Cheap stuff: Trueprotein.com

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showt...ht=trueprotein

Comment

I use the whey concentrate from defense nutrition. No additives, organic and from grass fed cows. But I agree with Tarlach, it is certainly NOT necessary, I didn't feel any difference when I didn't use it, it's just a convenience factor

Comment

consuming artificially processed substance instead of natural sources of protein (fish, meat, eggs, whatever) - what's the point?

Comment

Working...
                      X