Looking for snack that I can leave in my car or in my locker at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for snack that I can leave in my car or in my locker at work

Basically looking for a healthy Primal Blueprint based snack. I am looking for suggestions that I can keep in my center console and in my locker at work. My center console is not open so it won't be affected by the sunlight. Hopefully this healthy snack will not spoil right away since I will be snacking on it throughout the week.

I have a few vending machines at work but it's all fatty processed foods. Also if you can tell me where I can buy these healthy snacks. You know that was my downfall at work. Months ago I would go to the gas station by a couple of candy bars or doughnuts and caffeinated drink or buy something from the vending machine. No more I said a couple of months ago.

I hope you guys have good suggestions. Thank you.

You have not read the book. Had you, you'd be answering this question and shooting holes in it yourself easily. Buy the book.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Which book are you talking about? If you are talking about Primal Blueprint I just bought the paperback book. It should be arriving at my doorstep this week. I just wanted to ask because I would like to get some more suggestions on what other people snack on.

Comment

We don't snack. But if you think you need to, berries and macadamia nuts are a good staple.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

When I started primal I kept Lara bars in the car or in my purse all the time. They are very carby and sweet, but they were good in an emergency. It can take some time to figure out how much you need to eat to avoid snacking, so don't be too worried if you have to grab something every now and then to keep from going to McDonalds.

Beef jerky, macadamia nuts, and even a jar of almond butter with some fruit can all work in a pinch. I keep a jar of ghee at work so I can have bulletproof tea if I find myself hungry. Nothing is as perfect as a meal of meat, fat, and veggies. But don't let perfect be the enemy of good - if you need a snack, have a primal one.
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Ignore Knifegill who is being less than helpful for some reason. Beef jerky is a good primal-friendly snack you can keep just about anywhere.
            Believe and achieve.

Comment

How is pointing out that snacking is not Primal less-than-beneficial? If you eat the food that you should be eating, you will be full for at least six hours. I bring you hope, I bring you a message of freedom. You are about to be freed from cravings, freed from incessant pangs to eat. You will not want any snacks. This is good news!
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Beef jerky and nuts mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  We don't snack. But if you think you need to, berries and macadamia nuts are a good staple.
                  lmao "we" don't, really?
                  I do sometimes, and sometimes I eat what some would call snack food as a meal.
                  My go to's are homemade beef jerky, macadamia nuts and fruit. But recently I made some pemmican, which was great and would fit the bill nicely too.
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

I generally try not to snack to increase the likelihood (wow that looks like it's spelt wrong) of burning my fatty fuel reserves but If I do want to have a snack I would generally go for some nuts (usually macadamia nuts, pecans or walnuts) or some fruit.

Fruit & nuts = natures fast food
                    www.paleotrainingbible.com

Comment

Beef jerky is not really available in the UK but the stuff that is is only in packets and tastes REALLY f*ckin' foul and synthetic. I assume that in the US you have naturally cured beef jerky that is actually edible?
                      www.paleotrainingbible.com

Comment

Apples are good, too.
                        My True Primal Story

Comment

Originally posted by elliottsmith View Post
                          Beef jerky is not really available in the UK but the stuff that is is only in packets and tastes REALLY f*ckin' foul and synthetic. I assume that in the US you have naturally cured beef jerky that is actually edible?
                          Yes it is more readily available in the US. We can even get grass-fed jerky. I would like to try my hand at making it, so I know all of the ingredients that went into it, but I don't have the equipment right now.
                          Christine
                          Wag more, bark less

Comment

Originally posted by Andtckrtoo View Post
                            Yes it is more readily available in the US. We can even get grass-fed jerky. I would like to try my hand at making it, so I know all of the ingredients that went into it, but I don't have the equipment right now.
                            i saw some method on the internet which uses the oven! i don't know if it would be good, but maybe you will try it, and you will feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                              i saw some method on the internet which uses the oven! i don't know if it would be good, but maybe you will try it, and you will feel good.
                              My first husband made jerky using the oven. It was really good, the cut of meat he used was flank steak. That was 38 years ago and the recipe has disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                              X