Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions about fat

hi guys.
    is it ok to consume alot of olive oil? (easiest fat source for me).. lets say about 6 spoons of it a day?

and are those a good nutrition values to eat every day for 19yo, 6'1f, 100kg looking to lose weight?
    calories: ~1800
    protein: ~140g
    fat: ~115g
    carbs: ~60g

any1?

Comment

if it fits yours macros then yes....if not then no. (which with 1800cal i would say no)

id be looking at more satiating sources of fat myself.

olive oil is calorie dense...but offers no satiety whatsoever (meaning you can drink it and take in 5000cals easily....but not feel full...whereas 5000cal of say avocado will probably make you burst)
      Last edited by badly_dubbed; 01-08-2012, 11:14 AM.
      "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

Comment

I think the oil is okay~ it's the O-3 to O-6 ratio that isn't the best~ adding other fats would bring a better balance

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26566.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fats/#axzz1itMwAeMT

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/satur...#axzz1itMwAeMT
        Last edited by Nady; 01-08-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Id say more at a hunger point of view myself, 6 tablespoons are over 1/3 of her total calorie intake leaving only 1100cals for "food" that contains bulk. which in turn will keep her fuller. its easy to ram down nearly 2k cal of oil but your gonna be beside yourself with hunger.
          "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

Comment

so should i use avocado oil instead of the olive oil? or maybe both? 3 spoons each? i looked for coconut oil for long time but didnt find it anywhere but the supermarket near my house has recently started selling avocado oil so i can use that.

p.s to above- im a man

Comment

why does it have to be a 3rd of your intake cals from pure oil?

balance imo is better - fatty meats will up your fat, add protein and satisfy you more than pure oil will

Comment

Originally posted by saarx1 View Post
                so should i use avocado oil instead of the olive oil? or maybe both? 3 spoons each? i looked for coconut oil for long time but didnt find it anywhere but the supermarket near my house has recently started selling avocado oil so i can use that.

p.s to above- im a man
                Is there a reason you want to use oil instead of eating foods that naturally contain fat?

Comment

i can only buy chicken breast.
                  and i dont like eggs that much so eating 10 a day isnt somthing that attracts me.

Comment

where do you live that you cant buy pork, or beef etc?

Comment

its not about where i live.. it just tends to be more expensive and my financial condition isnt very well at the monment. so i look for other otpions beside fatty meats, somthing like chicken breast and oil.

Comment

for added fats, try buying skin on chicken, it *should* also be cheaper. legs are fattier than breast also.

olive oil is certainly not what i call cheap either (compared to crap oils anyways) (beef dripping is also good - and LOTS cheaper, make sure its hydrogenated free)

swap out chicken sometimes for pork its not far off the price of chicken, and had loads more fat content.

then, add in your oils to bump up the macros.

Comment

Originally posted by saarx1 View Post
                          its not about where i live.. it just tends to be more expensive and my financial condition isnt very well at the monment. so i look for other otpions beside fatty meats, somthing like chicken breast and oil.
                          Whole chickens are cheaper and come with fat~ also, fatty meats tend to be cheaper than lean meats~ maybe with the exception of Kobe beef Do you have a crock pot? Great way to make several days worth of soups/stews with cheaper cuts of meat.

Comment

Butter. Bacon. Sausage.

You may not have found coconut oil because it doesn't look like oil. It sometimes is not put on the same shelf as cooking oil. It may be in the supplements department. It is solid and sometimes is in a clear container so you can see that it looks like wax or it might be in a dark container so you can't see what it looks like. It is costly but lasts quite a long time. You may need to look for it in a health food store.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

If you're looking for an economical source of good quality omega 3 fat, I'd add in a can of sardines to what you're eating. If you don't like the taste, you can try mixing it in with veggies, adding a little olive oil and salt or some spicy seasonings.

I agree that the olive oil, which is a good fat, probably won't leave you feeling full. Instead of avocado oil, why not go for an actual avocado? I can usually find them for $1 a piece or less. Eat it with a big bowl of veggies and sardines, and your chicken breast, and I'm willing to bet you'll be feeling full for a good while.

Comment

Working...
                              X