Lean Gains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean Gains

I was wondering if someone with experience with Martin's program can shed some light on the calorie totals? He mentions eating specific percentages but I don't see any type of guideline for total calorie consumption based on goal (shedding last bit of gat)/individual size?
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Nevermind, I found a thread on it...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

can you post that link?

I've scoured his blog the last couple days and I must be missing that post. I know I read it before but I can't find it now when I have more questions. Do you mind posting the link?

I'm just trying to get leangains dialed in I know it's going to take a good couple weeks to really get it where I want with calories and macro's.

Would you mind posting a training day meal or two and a non-training day meal or two? If you don't want to post it I will give you my e-mail to send it that way... again if you don't mind.

Thanks

Comment

3rd lean gains thread in 2 days..hmmmm wonder what the sudden influx is about.
        Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by activia View Post
          3rd lean gains thread in 2 days..hmmmm wonder what the sudden influx is about.
          For the look many people want, especially men platued on Primal, it's exactly the ticket. I recommend it to people all the time, even though I have no use for it(don't care how I look, need more food for lifting, don't want to count calories, etc.).
          Lifting Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Apex Predator View Post
            For the look many people want, especially men platued on Primal, it's exactly the ticket. I recommend it to people all the time, even though I have no use for it(don't care how I look, need more food for lifting, don't want to count calories, etc.).
            I have not had much success with leaning out even trying lean gains. But I am still doing it without anymore counting tho. Also I'm never hungry so I'm sure I'm not eating too much. I have gotten stronger tho. Went from no unassisted pull-ups to 4 in 3 months!
            Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
              Nevermind, I found a thread on it...
              on here? link?
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

the leangains page on reddit has a ton of info about the macros. you do need to wade through some shit to find it though... it is reddit after all.

Comment

That was about a month ago. I don't remember what thread I pulled up in the search. I remember it being quite a long thread though. I was delirious after reading through all the BS on the lean-gains site trying to make sense of it all.

Comment

There is this consiracy theory that Martin has a book in the works and the calorie totals will be revealed therein. Among other things, I hope. Right now, unless you have had Martin as a coach, anybody who wants to do Leangains has to piece all the fragments together from his site and try to come up with a plan. Nobody wants to screw it up, but nobody knows precisely what "it" is. It has created a lot of confusion and a lot of buzz as well.
                    "Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda.

Comment

Yeah, from Martin's facebook and twitter posts, it looks like the book isn't going to happen. Who knows, he was drinking a lot and pretty pissed off through the holidays.

Comment

It's probably easier to skip breakfast if you are hungover all the time. I found it hard to reconcile his demands for doing things exactly his way on one hand and his "let the good times roll" attitude for alcohol on the other. That shoe will drop sooner or later.
                        "Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda.

Comment

This site is helpful IF calculator . Once you start going through there will be a place to the left where you can adjust your macros depending on your goals. Another site that I found recommend for a cut -35% of BMR on rest days (moderate fat, protein, and low carb) and +10% of BMR on workout days (low fat, high carb, moderate protein). This is not an exact option on the calculator though, but it gets close. You might have to adjust fat ratios on the calculator too. It starts with the assumption of 50/50 fat/carbs. I adjust that to 50/50 for rest days and 75carbs/25fat on workout days.

Comment

Working...
                          X