Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January Lunch Room Talk - can I just say blech?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Lunch Room Talk - can I just say blech?

Got to love this time of the year. All the people talking about their diets. Today's was:

"I can eat all the fruit I want today.
    Tomorrow is veggitables
    and the day after is bananna's
    Gosh. I'm really missing carbs."

What is the best diet you hear about today.
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

I saw two ladies in the lunch room eating jelly donuts and bacon, they said they were 'resetting their leptin'!

Comment

No they did not! Oh, people.

Comment

It all drives me nuts! As well as commercials..

New fiber supplements argh

Then the person in the office that is on day 10 of her cold and I wanted to help her by saying.. fast in the morning then eat chicken soup with (chicken/veggies) no pasta for lunch/dinner with some citrius fruit. But knew it would be in vane.
        Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Tim Horton's commercial today advertising their healthy egg while breakfast sandwich on whole grain bun of some type....Whole grains and no yokes where is the health in that?
          Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
          PS
          Don't forget to play!

Comment

My issue is with all the commercials on TV, touting "healthy whole grains!" ARRRRGHHH! It sickens me.

Here is the best thing I've heard at my office, so far: "I'm joining Weight Watchers...I didn't lose weight the first 3 times I was on it, but i'm ready to try again!" *BIG SIGH* good luck with that...

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
              I saw two ladies in the lunch room eating jelly donuts and bacon, they said they were 'resetting their leptin'!
              winner

Comment

Weightwatchers over here are being clever, they are phrasing it as "playing". Presumably working is too offputting...

Comment

Oh Calibunny, your is hilarious! I am not saying anything about what I am doing until there is this WOW factor. My husband and ai re doing this together and cannot wait to see the results. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                    HAHAHAAHAHAH!! I almost LOL'd at work (would have gotten some funny looks).. tooo toooo funny!
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Saw a commercial last night.. goes something like this:

mom 1 on the playground talking to mom 2: WOW! You look great! Have you lost weight?
                      Mom 2: yes I have
                      mom 1: how did you do it
                      mom 2: by eating healthy whole grains

at this point I yelled at the TV
                      Karin

Comment

I tried to convince a friend to go primal. He got all the way through GCBC AND 21-day TBT and said "I don't agree."

So he started his diet with egg and ham panini and homemade beef soup, and then rattled off the list of exercises he was going to do: mostly fast walking (5 mph), high-rep pushups/situps, and high-rep bench presses.

He thinks he can lose 20-25 pounds. On CW, he will probably get there, but it won't improve his awful blood numbers. Personally, I think primal would lose him 30. Oh well, at least his fitness sounds reasonable.
                        5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

I was in the kitchen preparing my mid morning Green Tea and I was asking a girl here about how her NY was..

The girl: "My new years resolution is to eat 7 meals a day to keep my metabolism firing!"
                          Me: "Wow, that's a lot to think about and prepare for work every day"
                          The girl: "Not really, I've just been eating 2 pieces of toast 4 times a day"

...the girl then proceeds to get a fruit bagel out of the toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBSJ View Post
                            I was in the kitchen preparing my mid morning Green Tea and I was asking a girl here about how her NY was..

The girl: "My new years resolution is to eat 7 meals a day to keep my metabolism firing!"
                            Me: "Wow, that's a lot to think about and prepare for work every day"
                            The girl: "Not really, I've just been eating 2 pieces of toast 4 times a day"

...the girl then proceeds to get a fruit bagel out of the toaster.
                            oh my...*sigh*
                            Karin

Comment

Well if baseball had started . . . I'd say. "so how bout them Giants?". Geez. It just drives me crazy.
                              Julia
                              Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                              Started Primal Mid January 2011
                              Current Weight 183
                              Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                              http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X