Is Apple cider vinegar 'paleo'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Apple cider vinegar 'paleo'?

Have just read about the benefits of ACV, and was wondering if it was good to take on a daily basis.

Is contains many trace elements, including magnesium...

Thoughts?
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

I had no problem with using it to help kill off my candida.

Comment

I use it all the time. Why wouldn't you?
      Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Wikepedia:

Health risks
        A report regarding an Austrian patient who had consumed excessive amounts of apple cider vinegar (up to 250ml per day) for six years suggests that long-term, high dosage intake of apple cider vinegar can lower potassium levels in the body as well as reduce bone density (osteoporosis); it is theorized that excessive intake of vinegar can cause hypokalemia, hyperreninemia, and osteoporosis.[8]
        “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

I dont think anyone could drink that much in one day, it tastes terrible. I was having not even a full tbs in a large glass of water.

Comment

Watch for the acidic effects on your teeth, but if you use Whole30 as your uber-strict guide then all kinds of vinegar APART FROM MALT are fine

Comment

Originally posted by thaijinx View Post
              Wikepedia:

Health risks
              A report regarding an Austrian patient who had consumed excessive amounts of apple cider vinegar (up to 250ml per day) for six years suggests that long-term, high dosage intake of apple cider vinegar can lower potassium levels in the body as well as reduce bone density (osteoporosis); it is theorized that excessive intake of vinegar can cause hypokalemia, hyperreninemia, and osteoporosis.[8]
              I stand corrected!!!
              Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

It's paleo in the same way Coconut Oil is. You may not find it in such quantities in the wild, but it isn't necessarily bad for you.

Be careful, when I tried it I noticed my enamel getting weaker and my teeth more sensitive.

Comment

I use it on my salads with olive oil. I have been using the braggs for a few years now.
                  Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

I sure as shoot hope not. I make the best mayonnaise in the history of mayonnaise and it requires two tablespoons of ACV.

Comment

Like anything with very high acidity, moderation is important but it's fine as far as paleo goes. You can also get enamel problems and so on from consuming large quantities of lemon or other acidic foods. The woman in that article was consuming about a cup of vinegar a day, which is a ridiculously high dose.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Why on earth would you be drinking 250ml of it???

I used it a lot before I went primal for heartburn (worked great), and I think I used it a couple more times since for the same reason. The stuff you're supposed to use is the unfiltered one with the cloudy "mother" in it. I don't think the other kind will hurt you, it's just not supposed to be as effective. Either way, I think we're talking a spoonful or two, not a whole cup of it.
                        Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                          I dont think anyone could drink that much in one day, it tastes terrible. I was having not even a full tbs in a large glass of water.
                          i agree. it's horrible! lol

Comment

Originally posted by deepglades View Post
                            I sure as shoot hope not. I make the best mayonnaise in the history of mayonnaise and it requires two tablespoons of ACV.
                            Sounds yummy. Do you have a recipe to share, deepglades?

Comment

blend:
                              2 eggs
                              2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
                              2 teaspoons dijon mustard
                              1 teaspoon sea salt

slowly drizzle 1.5 cups olive oil into the blender.

I assume you're familiar with the process of making mayo? If not there are hundreds of tutorials on youtube.

I use a light olive oil. If you use EVOO it comes out a little to olive oily tasting (for me anyway).

It doesnt reach its fully yummines until its been in the fridge for a few hours. It thickens and the flavors really come together. Be careful. When you get it out the next day you may not be able to put it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X