Almond flour pasta?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almond flour pasta?

Has anyone ever tried making pasta out of almond flour? You could top with meat sauce for protein.

why? sort of like a vegan eating a tofu hot dog~

Comment

pasta is one of the few things i miss.

Comment

Rice noodles would be easier (as in easily bought) and healthier
        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Nut flours should be consumed in pretty limited amounts. You'll get used to not eating pasta. I don't want it at all any more.

Spaghetti squash is good. So is shredded zucchini. Also broccoli slaw that is sauteed for a long time tastes great.
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

It's bad enough eating baked almond flour. The last thing this forum needs is more recipes made with that crap. If you need a pasta substitute, look into spaghetti squash or kelp noodles. Both are perfectly paleo. You'll get used to it. Grandma made crabs and spaghetti for Christmas and I prepped myself mentally for days and had my heart set on eating it for the first time in 9 months. Then I saw there was fried cabbage and the pasta didn't look so good anymore. I ate fried cabbage with meatballs, sausage the crabmeat tomato gravy. Much better than pasta. It goes away real quick. This is coming from a South Jersey Italian that ate pasta at least twice a week his entire life and good bread with every meal.
            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Like Choco said, there are tons of vegetable substitutes you can use. Once you have a zucchini "noodle" lasagna, you'll wonder why anyone bothers with regular noodles. So much better!
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I agree with Choco (another fellow italian that used to eat loads of bread/pasta)
                Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

I prefer spaghetti squash over pasta now. I never thought I would and now I can't imagine eating noodles.

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                    Like Choco said, there are tons of vegetable substitutes you can use. Once you have a zucchini "noodle" lasagna, you'll wonder why anyone bothers with regular noodles. So much better!
                    Eggplant lasagna. Where have you been the previous 24 years of my life?
                    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

If rice noodles aren't an option for you, try zucchini spaghetti: Oodles of Zoodles (Spiral Zucchini Carbonara) | Jenn's Menu & Lifestyle Blog

Black bean pasta is also great but not everyone eats legumes.
                      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

I'd eat brown rice pasta before black bean pasta. I've had Trader Joe's organic brown rice penne once or twice and honestly it's very good tasting. If you absolutely want actual pasta, that's the best substitute IMO. The brown rice spaghetti is gummy and leaves a lot to be desired. I'd rather have spaghetti squash.

Comment

hey choco, what about pasta from corn+rice?

Sainsbury's online groceries

Comment

Originally posted by theMarvelousMoment View Post
                            hey choco, what about pasta from corn+rice?

Sainsbury's online groceries
                            In the US, check the Gluten Free Mall~

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                              It's bad enough eating baked almond flour. The last thing this forum needs is more recipes made with that crap. If you need a pasta substitute, look into spaghetti squash or kelp noodles. Both are perfectly paleo. You'll get used to it. Grandma made crabs and spaghetti for Christmas and I prepped myself mentally for days and had my heart set on eating it for the first time in 9 months. Then I saw there was fried cabbage and the pasta didn't look so good anymore. I ate fried cabbage with meatballs, sausage the crabmeat tomato gravy. Much better than pasta. It goes away real quick. This is coming from a South Jersey Italian that ate pasta at least twice a week his entire life and good bread with every meal.
                              Ha! My mom makes the same thing every year! I did endulge, but the rest of the meal was actually superbly good. Broiled sardines, cod like my grandmother used to make with peppers and onions, and clams with butter, garlic, and dried chillis plus broccoli rabe.

Meatballs, sausage, on Christmas? Bad Italian!
                              Read. The. Book.

Comment

Working...
                              X