Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it low carb flu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it low carb flu?

    I know, you're not doctors, and I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just curious about similar symptoms. I've been primal for about 5 months and my carbs have been in the 50-100 range the entire time. This week they've been less than 25 for maybe 4 days now. I feel like total shit. I have a fever of 101-102˚, but its not settling anywhere. I don't feel it in my chest, head, sinuses, anywhere, just all around weak and shitty. WTF?

  • #2
    Eat more fat, have a high carb day once in a while.

    Comment


    • #3
      I doubt it. There is a lot of sick going around lately.
      Durp.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        I doubt it. There is a lot of sick going around lately.
        Not me. Since 1993.

        Comment


        • #5
          Low carb flu will not cause a fever. You have an infection of some type.
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

          http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cave-e8r View Post
            I know, you're not doctors, and I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just curious about similar symptoms. I've been primal for about 5 months and my carbs have been in the 50-100 range the entire time. This week they've been less than 25 for maybe 4 days now. I feel like total shit. I have a fever of 101-102˚, but its not settling anywhere. I don't feel it in my chest, head, sinuses, anywhere, just all around weak and shitty. WTF?
            I felt like this once after I came back from a 2 hour sports training session in the morning, after a skipped breakfast and not much for lunch. After some coconut milk with frozen blueberries I felt much better. I recommend having some coconut oil or refeed in some carbs.
            My chocolatey Primal journey

            Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dado View Post
              Not me. Since 1993.
              I didn't either...until I ate like an idiot for a week and caught the cold I had successfully avoided for months and months. Sick for a whole week after.
              Durp.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                I didn't either...until I ate like an idiot for a week and caught the cold I had successfully avoided for months and months. Sick for a whole week after.
                You must forget this and pretend it never happened.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the replies. At this point I'll assume I actually do have an infection, do you guys take anything when you get sick? I try not to ever take medicine, but my CW family is of course trying to cram theraflu type crap down my throat. I'm thinking just let my body fight it on its own.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cave-e8r View Post
                    Thanks for the replies. At this point I'll assume I actually do have an infection, do you guys take anything when you get sick? I try not to ever take medicine, but my CW family is of course trying to cram theraflu type crap down my throat. I'm thinking just let my body fight it on its own.
                    Consider this before taking medicine:

                    http://www.drbriffa.com/2011/12/14/f...immune-system/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cave-e8r View Post
                      Thanks for the replies. At this point I'll assume I actually do have an infection, do you guys take anything when you get sick? I try not to ever take medicine, but my CW family is of course trying to cram theraflu type crap down my throat. I'm thinking just let my body fight it on its own.
                      Consider this before taking medicine:

                      http://www.drbriffa.com/2011/12/14/f...immune-system/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks again, I think I'm gonna give it another day without meds and see how I feel, let the fever do its job.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Primal chicken broth and lots of rest. Give it a day or so before trying medications.
                          5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X