Best magnesium supplement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best magnesium supplement?

How do you kow if you should supplement with magnesium, and which form to take?

A quick google search left me confused... chelated form of magnesium? magnesium citrate, glycinate or malate? Liquid magnesium or even mentioned here at MDA magnesium OIL, that you make and apply to the skin!

Which is best and where to get it from?

Thanks.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Citrate is the one best absorbed according to The paleo Solution by Rob Wolf.

Comment

I buy a topical magnesium oil and apply to my skin. I also use and recommend Natural Calm brand. I know that one gets absorbed because I have a friend whose husband has terrible leg movement disorder and teeth grinding while sleeping. I got her to try the natural calm on him and it completely stops his night kicking. If she forgets a few nights, it comes back.

I bought my topical brine from amazon.com and I get the Natural Calm brand from iherb.com.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Natural Calm is awesome!

The raspberry lemon is too sweet. The plain is ok and I can handle it.

If taste matters to you I suggest you get the plain AND the flavored and mix them. Perfect!

And, it isn't really about "the best" magnesium, but what works best for you

sg
        Last edited by spicegirl; 01-01-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I take Magnesium Malate because I can get it right in town, but I've read that Magnesium Glycinate is the best assimilated type.

Comment

Originally posted by Issabeau View Post
            Citrate is the one best absorbed according to The paleo Solution by Rob Wolf.
            OK, thanks for that. I just ordered some online... should be here in a couple of weeks.
            SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
            “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

Working...
            X