Does anyone else worry...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else worry...?

I avoid grains totally, and never drink alcohol. I use coconut oil, olive oil, lard and butter at home... but turn a blind eye to cooking oils when I eat out. I rarely eat sugar, but do indulge guilt-free, every once in a while. I think white rice and potatoes are OK, once in a while. My meat is NOT pastured, so I try and get NZ beef and lamb as much as I can. My butter too, is from NZ - it's the best I can get. My eggs say they're organic, but that just means that they are raised in a large barn and fed organic grain. I use filtered water to drink and cook with, but I get it from a plastic bottle! My tap water smells strongly of chlorine and I use it for washing vegetables, showering, bathing, steam rooms, etc. I also suspect I drink chlorine when I order herbal tea or soup in a restaurant. But drinking water comes in a plastic bottle! I have minimized my 'chosen' chemical load to washing up liquid, shampoo and conditioner and deodorant. I am unable to find alternatives. I don't know what my overall exposure is to plastics, and packaging, chemicals and carcinogens on a daily basis. I have thrown out the aluminium and teflon cooking pans and only use stainless. But, I read that my crock-pot and other glazed, Chinese-made cups and bowls could be leaching cadmium. I'm not happy about it, but what can I do? I still use aluminium foil, cling-film, tuppawares and food bags when I need to. But I try and avoid putting hot food into them. I do not microwave. I do BBQ. I make food choices now, based on what's good for me, rather than what 'tastes good'. I try to eat less pork and chicken, and more beef and lamb. I'm aware of the omega ratio, even though I probably don't always eat it correctly. I'm eating a tonne of seafood! I don't know if I should salt, or supplement, and if so how often and in what quantity. Am I doing enough? Am I doing the best I can? Is there more I should be doing...?

I need to stop worrying!!!
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

You need to seriously relax. You are doing more then most and have educated yourself to allow for good decisions. Enjoy life and realize that what you are doing is making 99% healthier then every other person you know. Are you getting some excercise and time to relax? You need to focus your thoughts and energy on something else. Striving for absolute perfection breeds emotional distress and self doubt because of one's inability to meet this unrealistic expectation.

Enjoy life....it's short.
    Last edited by Primalcavecouple; 12-31-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Just take each decision as it comes to you. Weigh your options and make the best, most reasonable choice as it happens and then be done with it.

Living a life filled with stress isn't good for you either.
      Durp.

Comment

I have no idea what you're worrying about(block of text burn baby!) but yes stop worrying whatever it is.

Comment

So do you also worry that your tire could blowout casing a huge accident? Or that you could get hit by a bus, or killed by some stupid person with a gun? Or that our gov't could be taking us down a path of ruin? Or that your banker is laughing at you, or your cell phone company is tracking you? Or that the songs your kids are listening to will warp their minds and make them crazed drug addicts, or womanizing gang bangers?
          Do you worry that the atmosphere may become so polluted that you cannot play outside, or that the sun may explode and you won't know it for 8 minutes? LOL

Be afraid...be very afraid..... then enjoy that steak and eggs breakfast and get on with living.

Cheers
          :-)
          Living the dream, inside a myth

Comment

Originally posted by thaijinx View Post
            I avoid grains totally, and never drink alcohol. I use coconut oil, olive oil, lard and butter at home... but turn a blind eye to cooking oils when I eat out. I rarely eat sugar, but do indulge guilt-free, every once in a while. I think white rice and potatoes are OK, once in a while.
            I need to stop worrying!!!
            If you would have just stopped here, you'd have gotten a lot of better responses. If you don't eat grain, and only have potatoes once in a while, what are you getting in the restaurant that has cooking oil in it? If you still eat a lot of commercially prepared fried foods, you are definitely doing yourself a disservice! Generally when I eat out, I only get real food: steak, chicken, salad, steamed veggies, and limited rice/potatoes. For salad dressing, I use only olive oil & vinegar.

So, yes, I worry about vegetable oil/fried foods/grains/sugar when I eat out--you should, too!

Comment

Orthorexia is a common side effect of going on the Primal Blueprint. Keep your head. It'll be all right. Some people live past 100 smoking, drinking, eating bread every day and who knows what else.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

yea that's crazy shit.

i don't worry 'bout nuffin'.

Comment

there does not exist a more powerful murderer than stressballing.

Comment

I only worry about things I have control over. Make the decision and move on.. stress is far worse for your health then anything you are worrying about.
                    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

LOL, this thread made me smile.
                      I worried about EVERYTHING, and kinda still do at times, and I have been researching EVERYTHING the past 2 years.
                      Been primal now for almost 2 years and I continue to stumble upon shit that I didn't know existed. For example, the number on plastics matter BIG time.
                      I now use glass containers to store my foods, especially foods that are hot when poured into the container. Making tea from tap water? Not a chance, I know too much, plus our city water is THE worst on arsenic in this country and sends out a warning letter with each bill.
                      Just eating paleo/primal isn't enough imo...it is good taht you (temporarily) obsess and find out as much as you can about everything, it's good to be informed and it will give you a sense of freedom.

I think I have exhausted my research to the point where I can start to relax and not worry because so many aspects of my life (and household, etc) have been improved 100%. Examples are all the plastics, and the kind of water we drink, and the type of cleaners I use (water and vinegar =P), everything from the air I breathe in my home while asleep to the plants and minerals I have in my yard/garden. Every creature gets saved (except flies) and new clothes are non-existant.

Needless to say we are saving a buttload of cash going 'green' (compost in yard for example). The last time this family bought dish soap was 8 months ago, and body soap about 1.5 years ago. Use of ass wipe has gone down because we no longer need to wear a bio-hazard suit to enter each others bathrooms and unplug the toilet stuffed with 2 lbs of tissue for 1 bowel movement =P.

I could go on...but I'll just end up ranting...

Do your research, you're not obsessed, it's normal to seek more info after stumbling upon the holy grail of health. But you could start reading about political conspiracies...there's a never ending subject...=P

Comment

Worry only pretends to be useful.

Our bodies evolved some lovely detoxifying methods so there is not need to fret about every little thing that you touch or eat. Feed your body nutritious, satisfying, non-toxic meals the majority of the time and the rest will take care of itself.
                        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I look at it this way: maybe Grok didn't have to worry about plastic containers or chlorine in the water, but he had starvation, cold winters, and sabre-tooth tigers to contend wtih. Who would you rather be?
                          5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

I think you are worry warting far too much! Sounds like you are doing all you can.

If you are worried about water in bottles get your self a clay pot water filter (I have a lovely Stenfani brand one but there are a few on the market) - they use ceramic filters to filter the water. Gets all the chlorine and chemical out and the water tastes wonderful. Even my cats like it better than tap water, despite the fact that the chlorine in tap water does evaporate after about 20 mins if the water is in an open top container like a jug. If you can' t find a ceramic clay pot one then one of the jug systems like Brita will work almost as well.
                            Odille
                            F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                            following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Analog6 View Post
                              I think you are worry warting far too much! Sounds like you are doing all you can.

If you are worried about water in bottles get your self a clay pot water filter (I have a lovely Stenfani brand one but there are a few on the market) - they use ceramic filters to filter the water. Gets all the chlorine and chemical out and the water tastes wonderful. Even my cats like it better than tap water, despite the fact that the chlorine in tap water does evaporate after about 20 mins if the water is in an open top container like a jug. If you can' t find a ceramic clay pot one then one of the jug systems like Brita will work almost as well.
                              I'm not 100%, but i'm pretty sure Britta filters do not remove chlorine and flouride.

Those clay pots look pretty neat (again, it doesn't remove flouride) but I'm not sure I could get anything like that out here. Will have to do a bit more research and find out if they deliver.
                              SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
                              “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

Working...
                              X