This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rrustad View Post
    OK, I'll hold you to that promise :-). If you DO get worse - like projectile vomiting or visual disturbance with severe headache then please get to an ER asap. Meanwhile, the protocol only specifies as needed until urination starts. Since you are urinating, then you are already flushing toxins and may not get any more benefit at this time. Unfortunately, the protocol does NOT say how many rounds in a 24 hour period - just only use it for 3 days and if you still need it then its time to back off the iodine. I KNOW that you don't want a three day headache, though :-) Hope that you can get some sleep and feel better tomorrow. Please let us know how you are doing.
    Will do! Thanks for the support!

Comment

• Originally posted by jlsaven View Post
      Will do! Thanks for the support!
      Great. You're welcome.
      I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

Iodine Research and Application Group:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

Comment

• For the salt flush DO NOT USE TABLE SALT. It will make things worse.
        It must be natural sea salt that has color. typical colors = grey, pink or black. I am using celtic sea salt. If the sea salt is pure white then it is no good. Take 1/2 tsp every morning. If you are having severe detox, then do the salt flush.

If you are having detox symptoms, then stop the iodine for a few days or until symptoms fade, then re-start your dosing at your previous lower level which were symptom free. Detoxing will take a year or more so don't try to rush this process. HASTE MAKES WASTE. Stay at your trouble free iodine level for at least a week or two before moving up to a higher dosage.

ALL OF US, the entire American population are severely iodine deficient, because we live in a sea of toxins which have depleted our natural stores of iodine, and have completely filled our iodine receptors contained in every cell in out body. Chemical halogens (class of chemicals to which iodine belongs) = fluoride, bromine, bromides, and chlorine. Also "Pseudo-iodides" such as perchlorate, nitrate and thiocyanate cyanate, & pertechnate. All contaminate cell receptors intended for iodine and kick iodine out of our body. Every cell in our body requires iodine.
        Iodine Dosages and Treatments – IMVA Iodine and Detoxification

ALL OF US WILL HAVE NASTY DETOX SYMPTOMS BECAUSE WE ARE ALL FILLED WITH NASTY TOXINS from a lifetime of exposure. And after we have detoxed, we need to continue taking 24mg iodine daily to prevent new toxins from taking over. Remember that we live in a sea of toxins in our food, water, environment, even in our offices. In some people, the toxins don't start pouring out until they reach 50 to 100mg. We could stop titrating up at 24mg, but then it will take years to fully detox. You cannot overdose on too much iodine, any excess just goes out in the urine.

Grizz
        Last edited by Grizz; 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• I don't post much but I had to chime in here. I started using some iodine drops but realized, after I started reading this thread, that they weren't a high enough dose. So, in late January I started eating kombu seaweed everyday. Now, normally when that time of the month comes around, the first 2 days I'm in absolute agony and I pop a lot of pain killers in order to get through the day. This time however, I've had none of that pain. Zero! I'm thrilled!! The only thing I can contribute this to is the seaweed as nothing else had changed.

I'm going to get the iodoral pills as my body temp is still really low and there are other issues but I'm so excited that this seems to be working!

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
            A couple quick questions because this thread size is daunting.
            1, why do we now have to supplement iodine? How did pre-modern people get iodine? Is this method not sufficient for modern-day iodine intake?
            2, when you talk about detoxing with the iodine, what exactly are these harmful chemicals that are being removed from your body?
            Wilton ( and all the other newcomers ) to this thread, you may have a couple of "Quick Questions," but there are no quick answers, and there is no way to repeat all the words of wisdom in this thread. You will just have to bite the bullet and carefully read the entire thread. Your good health is in severe jeopardy.

Grizz

Comment

• Originally posted by sofiajp View Post
              I don't post much but I had to chime in here. I started using some iodine drops but realized, after I started reading this thread, that they weren't a high enough dose. So, in late January I started eating kombu seaweed everyday. Now, normally when that time of the month comes around, the first 2 days I'm in absolute agony and I pop a lot of pain killers in order to get through the day. This time however, I've had none of that pain. Zero! I'm thrilled!! The only thing I can contribute this to is the seaweed as nothing else had changed.

I'm going to get the iodoral pills as my body temp is still really low and there are other issues but I'm so excited that this seems to be working!
              Sofia,
              I am thrilled for your success ! My own prostate problems continue improving. After 2 months on iodine, now up to 24mg daily I can say my prostate is cured. I can't imagine it getting any better.

Grizz

Comment

• Thanks Grizz! I have to say I'm sitting here still amazed that I'm not in pain! I will be rereading this thread as I'm sure I missed a lot of good stuff. My husband is also eating the seaweed-not sure if he will take the pills but the seaweed is a good start!

I look forward to more of your posts Grizz!
                sofia

Comment

• Ok Grizz... I have been re reading this thread for like two weeks now and I am ready to drink your kool aid...

I will start the lugols supplimenting with pink sea salt on the ready for detox if i get hit with them hard. I am going to keep with this for a month and see how I feel.

I will be reporting back throughout this process.

Cheers

Comment

• I have an old friend that I have lost track of. Her name is Yvette Levintre in Chicago, and I'm certain that she has a Facebook account. Can one of you wonderful people volunteer to invite her to join us at this thread?

She has been suffering terribly with Endometriosis since she was a teenager, and the Iodine Supplement Protocol has been a proven cure for this "Incurable" disease as well as curing a Pandoras Box of additional female disease.

( I quit FB and they won't let me rejoin - that is my "Lesson" for quitting on them)

Thanks Pamsc for searching FB to find Yvette! Too bad she is not listed.

Many thanks,
                    Grizz
                    Last edited by Grizz; 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danielle5690 View Post
                      Day 4. I felt fine the first three days, and now today I feel mostly good except that I feel some very mild pain in the lymph nodes in my throat and this odd, slightly uncomfortable pressure in my bladder, sort of like at the very beginning of a bladder infection. Detox or something else?

I'm not concerned, just curious. I still feel alot more good than bad. Warmer than usual today too.
                      Hi, Danielle5690, I've experienced the bladder thing and also some lymph node issues now that you mention it. The bladder issue abated after maybe 2 weeks of staying at one dose and now that I am taking more than 15mg daily, completely gone. Hopefully you'll have the same thing happen. My lymph node issue is more like the muscles tightening periodically and suddenly under the edge of the jaw on both sides, but more particularly on one side. I've not bothered with salt flushes for this because I haven't attributed it to iodine. Our bodies are clearing toxins so giving the lymphatic system a good workout is surely part of it. Hope you feel better and better!

Comment

• How to easily & quickly track THOUSANDS of links. Forget about using your browser bookmarks!

Instead do this:
                        1) Copy and paste the link you want to save to a shortcut on your desktop.
                        2) For the next link you save do this
                        * Right Click the above shortcut, pick create shortcut. Create several new ones for future use.
                        * Right Click the shortcut you just created, pick properties, paste the new link, rename this shortcut.
                        3) Repeat step 2 for every new link you want to save
                        4) Now create folders on your desktop to organize your new shortcuts.
                        5) Make a new folder for Iodine and save all the important links to that new folder.

How to do step 1
                        1) right click on the Windows wallpaper
                        2) Pick New * Shortcut
                        3) Paste the link into the Location Window, click next and name this shortcut.
                        Fast and EZ !

You will be thrilled to have all of your favorite links organized on your desktop in folders.

I need a volunteer to help moderate this thread. I will be frequently out of town and on vacation starting next week. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Grizz

Comment

• Originally posted by Clabbergirl View Post
                          Hi, Danielle5690, I've experienced the bladder thing and also some lymph node issues now that you mention it. The bladder issue abated after maybe 2 weeks of staying at one dose and now that I am taking more than 15mg daily, completely gone. Hopefully you'll have the same thing happen. My lymph node issue is more like the muscles tightening periodically and suddenly under the edge of the jaw on both sides, but more particularly on one side. I've not bothered with salt flushes for this because I haven't attributed it to iodine. Our bodies are clearing toxins so giving the lymphatic system a good workout is surely part of it. Hope you feel better and better!
                          I feel better today. There's no pain in my lymph nodes, even if I put pressure on them. I still have a barely perceptible pressure in my bladder, but it's much less than it was yesterday. I think part of that was I didn't drink enough water. I'm taking 1 iodoral tablet daily and I'll probably stay at that dose forever. I'm fine with working up to sufficiency very slowly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                            ALL OF US WILL HAVE NASTY DETOX SYMPTOMS BECAUSE WE ARE ALL FILLED WITH NASTY TOXINS
                            I disagree with this. I have had no detox symptoms at all. I took 50mg of KI to start and take 25mg now. I feel great. I think some of this stuff is a little alarmist.

To answer wilton's 2nd question (because I also don't know the answer to number 1 either) I believe ancient people traded pretty heavily for salt and for items from the sea such as seaweed and certain kinds of fish. In northern California the people there created a rendered and preserved fat, kind of like pemmican but just the fat, from a special fish which they traded to others further inland. Then there's the fact that iodine is an element that bonds easily to other elements and is in competition with other elements in the same row in the periodic table of elements, such as flourine and bromine. Our modern diets have too much bromine and flourine, making what iodine we get less available chemically because those two bond more easily than iodine.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                              To answer wilton's 2nd question (because I also don't know the answer to number 1 either) I believe ancient people traded pretty heavily for salt and for items from the sea such as seaweed and certain kinds of fish. In northern California the people there created a rendered and preserved fat, kind of like pemmican but just the fat, from a special fish which they traded to others further inland. Then there's the fact that iodine is an element that bonds easily to other elements and is in competition with other elements in the same row in the periodic table of elements, such as flourine and bromine. Our modern diets have too much bromine and flourine, making what iodine we get less available chemically because those two bond more easily than iodine.
                              Not just our modern diet, but our entire environment. Our ancestors weren't surrounded by plastic and pesticides.

Also, before ice boxes or electric refrigerators, meats were preserved with salt - and I'm betting it wasn't refined salt. I'm sure people got a ton of important trace minerals that way. So with the exception of people who still eat alot of seaweed, the iodine has been basically stripped from our surroundings. That's why we need to supplement.

Comment

• This is why everyone needs iodine:
                                Going to the Office? Watch Out for Toxins : Discovery News

Also be sure to view the video in this link,
                                Grizz

Comment

Working...
                                X