Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iodine Anyone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey she posted again. Huh? Oh, 22 so far today. Yeah, she seems to have an obssessive compulsive disorder. Like, she has to post. Yep, that calls the veracity of her claims into question.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

    Comment


    • Hi Gwynn,

      Let’s see the thorn’s has D3 5000 iu’s & K2 mk4, 1 mg per TEN DROPS?

      You will come out far ahead if you get Carlsons K2 mk4 5 mg’s here and Healthy Origins D3 5000 iu’s 360 ct here:

      Buy Carlson Vitamin K2, Menatetrenone 5mg, Capsules & More | drugstore.com

      Buy Healthy Origins Vitamin D3, 5000 IU, Softgels & More | drugstore.com

      Or Healthy Origins D3 10000 Iu’s 360 ct here.

      Buy Healthy Origins Vitamin D3, 10000 IU, Softgels & More | drugstore.com

      Free shipping over 25 dollar order.

      I am just a regular person trying to get the best deals and I have no affiliation with any company or product that I recommend. Please always do your own searches and if you find better deals, post them as I want to know too.

      t2t

      Comment


      • Hi t2t,

        No, I appreciate it very much! No disclaimer needed here. That product stood out because it had the D3 in it as well. I haven't even checked locally. Some health food store may have what I need right here. I am going to check out your links right now.

        Thanks!
        Gwynn

        I found the product on Amazon, same price and just ordered it. I love the "one-click" option! Thanks!
        Last edited by Gwynn; 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM. Reason: Added info.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Grizz View Post
          PaleoBird,

          I suspect that members are getting sick & tired of you causing scenes all the time. Give it up already.
          ...FWIW, I rather enjoy her postings

          Originally posted by Grizz View Post

          What do you think is wrong with Paleobird? Why is she always creating a scene?

          Grizz
          ...a typical troll at work

          Originally posted by Grizz View Post
          I take this as a "NO" and the intense hostility & war games will continue.

          So sorry to have to do this, but you have been warned several times.

          Therefore you are the first person ever that I have to put on IGNORE. You are now officially on my Ignore List. I will keep you there for 3 months.

          I tried. So sad, too bad.

          If anyone else gets sick & tired of PaleoBirds never ending hostilities, ranting & raving just go to her profile & click on "Add to Ignore List." Really easy.

          Grizz
          ...WOW, you truly are an absolute nutcase aren't you Grizz? It's no wonder people run from this thread when you start posting. What a way to ruin a good thing, having you spew this (^) sort of nonsense...hebs

          ps...yes, I know, now you're going to have to report me for trolling. So run along then, run and tell the teacher what I said to you ...<insert a big boo-hoo for Grizz here>...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by t2t View Post
            Hi Gwynn,

            Let’s see the thorn’s has D3 5000 iu’s & K2 mk4, 1 mg per TEN DROPS?

            You will come out far ahead if you get Carlsons K2 mk4 5 mg’s here and Healthy Origins D3 5000 iu’s 360 ct here:

            Buy Carlson Vitamin K2, Menatetrenone 5mg, Capsules & More | drugstore.com

            Buy Healthy Origins Vitamin D3, 5000 IU, Softgels & More | drugstore.com

            Or Healthy Origins D3 10000 Iu’s 360 ct here.

            Buy Healthy Origins Vitamin D3, 10000 IU, Softgels & More | drugstore.com

            Free shipping over 25 dollar order.

            I am just a regular person trying to get the best deals and I have no affiliation with any company or product that I recommend. Please always do your own searches and if you find better deals, post them as I want to know too.

            t2t
            ...Thornes also has a straight K2 product -- Thorne Research, Vitamin K2, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

            Granted there's a typo in the Suppplement facts (in the link I provided), but it's 1mg per drop, with approx 1200 drops per bottle.

            So it works out almost identically to four of the Carlson (5mg x 60 cap) product -- Carlson's is around $15 bottle, and Thorne's is $60 -- basically the same thing.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by hebsie View Post
              ...Thornes also has a straight K2 product -- Thorne Research, Vitamin K2, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

              Granted there's a typo in the Suppplement facts (in the link I provided), but it's 1mg per drop, with approx 1200 drops per bottle.

              So it works out almost identically to four of the Carlson (5mg x 60 cap) product -- Carlson's is around $15 bottle, and Thorne's is $60 -- basically the same thing.
              Thank you, Hebsie! I ordered the Carlson already, but if the stuff works I will be in the market for more for sure.

              Gwynn

              Comment


              • Originally posted by onalark View Post
                She's been around the forum nearly two years.

                She posted extensively about her trip to Africa, including an informative day-to-day journal, photos, and more.

                She is passionate about the subjects she's interested in. Her posts have content, and she probably types fast and is able to translate brain to keyboard with more ease. What's your point?

                Grizz frequently makes blanket statements, with only the thinnest of disclaimers. He does drop into threads and tell people to stop chemo and take iodine instead. He drops into every thyroid topic to tell the person asking (usually a noobie with little forum experience) to take iodine, and only started to tack on a "Hashimoto's patients may want to be careful" disclaimer after I and several others told him his advice could be DAMAGING to anyone with Hashi's.

                As someone who IS diagnosed with Hashimoto's, I have kept an eye on this thread because, hey, I would LOVE to fix my thyroid somehow. And I have played with iodine+selenium as a way of doing that -- carefully, monitored, with lots of blood tests to make sure I'm not nuking what little thyroid tissue I have left along the way.

                For some of you, there's little risk to upping your iodine intake. For a Hashi's patient, it's a different matter.
                I love her posts, what's YOUR point?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gwynn View Post
                  Thank you, Hebsie! I ordered the Carlson already, but if the stuff works I will be in the market for more for sure.

                  Gwynn
                  ...Carlson's is good, but I find the Thorne's more flexible (for me) with the 1mg per drop dosing.

                  Also, if you find that you're using a lot (>15mg/day), then you can't beat the price at VOR (I think t2t mentioned them too). Check in every few weeks, they rotate sales from things like 25% off to two-for-one offers. Sales change weekly, but repeat on maybe a one month cycle. Here's their link (and right now it's only 25% off, 2-for-1 will be a week or so away ) -- Ultra K2, Menatetrenone

                  Comment


                  • [QUOTE] Originally Posted by onalark
                    She's been around the forum nearly two years.
                    She posted extensively about her trip to Africa, including an informative day-to-day journal, photos, and more.

                    She is passionate about the subjects she's interested in. Her posts have content, and she probably types fast and is able to translate brain to keyboard with more ease. What's your point?

                    Grizz frequently makes blanket statements, with only the thinnest of disclaimers. He does drop into threads and tell people to stop chemo and take iodine instead. He drops into every thyroid topic to tell the person asking (usually a noobie with little forum experience) to take iodine, and only started to tack on a "Hashimoto's patients may want to be careful" disclaimer after I and several others told him his advice could be DAMAGING to anyone with Hashi's.

                    As someone who IS diagnosed with Hashimoto's, I have kept an eye on this thread because, hey, I would LOVE to fix my thyroid somehow. And I have played with iodine+selenium as a way of doing that -- carefully, monitored, with lots of blood tests to make sure I'm not nuking what little thyroid tissue I have left along the way.

                    For some of you, there's little risk to upping your iodine intake. For a Hashi's patient, it's a different matter.[QUOTE]

                    Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                    I love her posts, what's YOUR point?
                    Hi Judy. Onalark may have gotten the idea that, since you were the one who pointed out my post count which others then ran with as a negative (as if it really matters), that you felt the same way. I'm glad you don't.

                    Onalark brings up an important point about Hashimoto's. The dangerous thing is that some people have Hashimoto's but have not yet been diagnosed. This is why everyone should be careful and consult a physician.

                    Comment


                    • Grizz,

                      I hope your DIL tries Iodine soon.

                      Liz

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        . (SNIP)

                        But seriously, this brings up an important point. Confounding variables. Many of us are changing our diets and lives in many ways at once as we adopt the primal lifestyle. It's hard to isolate one variable and say, "The iodine cured me". That is simplistic. Sure iodine is a part of a healthy diet. All those other factors are at work too.
                        Before I read on, this is an important point I want to highlight and agree with. I've only been following the Primal Path for a scant four months. At this point I don't know what specific things I'm doing or taking are turning my health and weight around. That's why, for now, I'm seeking to follow the basic principles in food, excercise, sleep (err, except tonight), before adding anything more into he mix and once I feel I've attained a basic set point of health and habits, then I can continue my exploration of other options discussed by this forum, by Mark and by those in the broader Real Food movement. Perhaps iodine supplementation is an important factor in achieving optimal health. I'd like to think so. But until I reach that set point I won't know for sure as I'm still experiencing the healing process from just the basics. I'm starting slowly by building my foundation first.

                        This thread, the info here, the (now) more balanced discussions, and the give & take between different viewpoints is very interesting. I am not taking either side lightly. One of the most interesting links was to the articles an rebuttals between Dr Gaby and Dr Brownstone. Great stuff with lots of citations. Thank you whoever linked that (Hawkward?)
                        SW: 243
                        CW: 177
                        Goal: Health

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          Hmm...
                          I understand the stance.
                          However, in my reading of the Brownstein literature it seems that they are speaking of exposure to Halogen chemicals via SAD, not a drastically altered diet and lifestyle that seriously minimizes exposure such as Primal/Paleo... or even other whole foods and low product usage lifestyles.
                          Not using products full of bromine, flourine, and chlorine (as in whole house water filtration) would certainly have the effect of a MASSIVE reduction in the exposure and uptake of those chemicals, and thus reduce the need for high doses of iodine in order to effectively balance the body.
                          I envy those who have filtration systems. My Town water is fluoridated, chlorinated, you name it but I cannot afford a whole house water filtration system. So I, and more importantly my young son, are exposed every day. Sadly, not everyone who has embraced a Primal lifestyle can afford to protect themselves as thoroughly as they'd like or ideally should.
                          SW: 243
                          CW: 177
                          Goal: Health

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                            I love her posts, what's YOUR point?
                            Nevermind. Read something into your post that clearly wasn't there.

                            Accept my apologies for being a bitch. Here, I baked you a coconut flour cake with iodine frosting.
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KerryK View Post
                              I am not taking either side lightly. One of the most interesting links was to the articles an rebuttals between Dr Gaby and Dr Brownstone. Great stuff with lots of citations. Thank you whoever linked that (Hawkward?)
                              I read the rebuttals. Was no one else surprised to read this??:
                              Rebuttal: Gaby editorial on iodine (October 2005)

                              Gaby, assuming we evolve from a Big Bang 20 billion years ago, commented: "Since emerging from the iodine-rich oceans to become mammals, we have evolved in an iodine-poor environment."

                              ... It is understandable why someone who believes in the theory of evolution has a problem with such high requirements for iodine in an environment depleted of this element. Unless sometimes in the distant past, the topsoil of planet earth contains significant levels of iodine and meeting these high requirements for iodine sufficiency could then be achieved with any diet. The theory of evolution does not offer an intellectually satisfying answer to this paradox. However, the Biblical account of the origin of the world through creation 6000 years ago followed by the fall of man and the flood fits very well the current situation. According to the biblical narrative, the Creator declared planet earth and everything in it perfect. Therefore, the original planet earth contained a topsoil rich in iodine, and all elements required for perfect health of Adam, Eve and their descendants. A rebelled archangel was expelled from God's Habitation for attempting a hostile takeover (Isaiah 14:12-15). His name was Lucifer before the attempt (Isaiah 14:12) and Satan after his expulsion (Luke 10:18). Satan deceived Eve into believing that she could become a goddess by disobeying her Creator (Genesis 3:4,5). A sequence of events followed, culminating in the worldwide flood 4500 years ago. Following this episode, the receding waters washed away the topsoil with all its elements into oceans and seas. The new topsoil became deficient in iodine and most likely other essential elements, whose essentialities are still unknown. Mountainous areas became the most iodine-deficient because the receding waters were the most rapid over the steep slopes, eroding deeper into the soil.

                              The Biblical account of the flood fits very well with the finding of high concentrations of iodine in brines, which accompany oil wells and natural gas deposits.8 By 1977, the brines associated with deposits of natural gas in Japan accounted for 56% of the world iodine production.16 The previous existence of iodine-rich living organisms from which came these iodine-rich degradation products strongly suggests that sometime in the distant past, iodine was plentiful on planet earth, and some catastrophic event resulted in washing away the iodine-rich top soil in the oceans.
                              by Guy E. Abraham, MD and David Brownstein, MD,

                              and not think "Seriously?"

                              Yet we are supposed to
                              have confidence in our Dr. Brownstein "Iodine Project" based procedures.. scientific, time tested protocol?????
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


                              Winencandy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                I read the rebuttals. Was no one else surprised to read this??:
                                Rebuttal: Gaby editorial on iodine (October 2005)


                                by Guy E. Abraham, MD and David Brownstein, MD,

                                and not think "Seriously?"

                                Yet we are supposed to
                                Whoa. Thanks for this.

                                I don't know who to believe any more!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X