This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Except these are not really medical books, are they? So finding on the internet is what you are complaining of Grizz and his obvious passion.

LJ
    *sigh* Go to your local university library and look it up for yourself then.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Grizz;685698]OK I have found the ULTIMATE Guide to Iodine for our good health by Dr. Brownstein. This video is a MUST WATCH, and well worth every minute of the time spent watching it.
      Iodine - The Misunderstood Nutrient (David Brownstein) - Full Length - YouTube
      Well, I just started to watch this video, reached this Galileo posturing ... and not surprisingly I am fuming. Can someone explain to the good doctor who ... Copernicus ... was? Copernicus, Galileo, what the difference? Another example of American historical soup.
      Last edited by anna5; 07-22-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Paleobird,
        The results speak for themselves. Iodine CURES Fibrocystic Breasts. Are going to call all of the women who reported these amazing results LIARS?

Their success stories mean far more than you TROLLING this thread.

You just read Ferti's wonderful report. Are you going to call her a LIAR?

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY ARE YOU SO INTENT ON DISRUPTING THIS THREAD?

Does it BOTHER you that women are curing their fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Fibroids & Cysts? What is wrong with you?

Grizz

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizz View Post
          Paleobird,
          The results speak for themselves. Iodine CURES Fibrocystic Breasts. Are going to call all of the women who reported these amazing results LIARS?

You just read Ferti's wonderful report. Are you going to call her a LIAR?

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY ARE YOU SO INTENT ON DISRUPTING THIS THREAD?

Does it BOTHER you that women are curing their fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Fibroids & Cysts? What is wrong with you?
          I have no problem with someone who believes their fibrocystic condition was cured by iodine. Yay Ferti! I'm glad you feel good.

I do have a problem with the unfounded assertion that iodine cures cancer. Because it doesn't.

If I am disrupting the mass rush of a bunch of overly gullible people to possibly over-supplement on a dangerous substance and making at least some of them stop and think for themselves instead of blindly believing a conspiracy theory spouting madman, good.

Do your own research folks. Grizz is not a reliable source.

Comment

• Same boat...

I'm sure that there are valid and authentic positives to iodine...
            I have noted many myself, along with scientific evidence which backs those claims.

I have a problem with taking things as fact, such as the post from Dr. Derry, when there aren't even source citations given that indicate the research materials that were used to form his ideas on the subject (which is standard practice within the respectable medical community).

I wish that I hadn't been so sick this weekend.
            I really enjoyed the more open discussion in this thread while it lasted, and I would have liked to have posted more.
            Last edited by cori93437; 07-22-2012, 04:41 PM.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              *sigh* Go to your local university library and look it up for yourself then.
              And obviously you cannot be bothered to cite the actual facts yourself, when asked, because you have to go to the university library of your own. Yes, I think you are just satisfied to create a nuisance.

LJ
              Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
              I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
              Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
              ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Comment

• PaleoBird & Cori,

There are only FACTS, as proven by many members of this forum. This is very simple, ladies. Iodine cures a Pandoras Box of health problems, most recently proven by Ferti.

So now stop trolling this thread already, and good riddance.

Can someone else chime in here to get rid of these PESTS?

Grizz

Comment

• Originally posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
                  And obviously you cannot be bothered to cite the actual facts yourself, when asked, because you have to go to the university library of your own. Yes, I think you are just satisfied to create a nuisance.
                  I cited internet medical texts. If you want hard bound books, that is up to you to go get them. I know the definitions of "cyst" vs. "cancer".

Comment

PaleoBird & Cori,

There are only FACTS, as proven by many members of this forum. This is very simple, ladies. Iodine cures a Pandoras Box of health problems, most recently proven by Ferti.

Grizz
                    anecdote =/= scientific evidence

And I never said that ferti wasn't feeling better, only that cysts=/=cancer and that iodine does not cure cancer. Those are facts. I don't need to write it as FACTS because, well, facts speak for themselves. No drama needed.

And, like cori, I never said that iodine is not an important element of a heathy diet (however you choose to ingest yours).

Yep, Grizz, I suppose it is bothersome to be confronted with logic. Oh, well.
                    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-22-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hebsie View Post
                      ...short-lived, but it was a great weekend for this thread. Alas, all good things must come to an end.

Happy iodining everyone ...<gotta go crawl back under my bridge now>... hebs
                      + 1000000000000000000000000013

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        I cited internet medical texts. If you want hard bound books, that is up to you to go get them. I know the definitions of "cyst" vs. "cancer".
                        Paleobird,
                        Nobody cares about your stupid medical texts. If the medical texts were so good, then doctors would not be insisting on mastectomies to cure Fibrocystic Breasts when a $16 bottle of iodine cures the condition, would they?

Grizz

Comment

PaleoBird & Cori,

Grizz
                          they're not trolls. they're not pests.

except maybe to you

they're actually helping your cause if you'd get your underwear out of its twisted state enough to read what they're saying.
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            they're not trolls. they're not pests.

except maybe to you

they're actually helping your cause if you'd get your underwear out of its twisted state enough to read what they're saying.
                            Maybe not, however, their posting style in this thread is
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• More on Fibrocystic breasts and cancer...

"Gross cystic disease of the breast, defined on the basis of the presence of palpable cysts, is reported to occur in 7% of women in the Western world.1 Overall, the available evidence suggests that women with breast cysts have a moderately increased risk of breast cancer.1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 It should be noted that breast cysts are not considered to be premalignant lesions but are simply markers of an increased risk affecting the whole organ.1

It has been observed that the fluid in breast cysts consistently shows a bimodal distribution in the concentration of many substances, including cations,12 13 14 15 16 17 hormones,12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 and growth factors.15 19 20 Thus, two major types of cysts can be identified21: type I cysts have high concentrations of potassium and low concentrations of sodium and chloride, high concentrations of androgen and oestrogen conjugates, and high concentrations of epidermal growth factor; type II cysts have an electrolyte composition more similar to that found in plasma (high concentrations of sodium and chloride and low concentrations of potassium) and lower concentrations of sex hormones and epidermal growth factor. It has been suggested that women with type I breast cysts have an increased risk of developing breast cancer.10 21 "
                              Cohort study of association of risk of breast cancer with cyst type in women with gross cystic disease of the breast | BMJ

(Note: palpable breast cysts are notable in about 7% of Western women, and that it is only the Type 1 cysts that are linked to an increase in the risk for developing breast cancer. The cysts do not become cancer, they are simply an indicator that the person has an increased likelihood of breast cancer development. )
                              Last edited by cori93437; 07-22-2012, 05:00 PM.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Paleobird,
                                Nobody cares about your stupid medical texts. If the medical texts were so good, then doctors would not be insisting on mastectomies to cure Fibrocystic Breasts when a $16 bottle of iodine cures the condition, would they?
                                Grizz
                                I provided the medical text definitions because I was asked to. Obviously someone cared about the facts.

Yes, there are doctors out there who are horrible and rotten to the core. That is neither here nor there. There are also good ones. If you don't like yours, vote with your feet and go find a better one.

Oh, but that kind of cuts in to the tinfoil hat theories about the fact that THEY are all out to get us............

Comment

Working...
                                X