This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
    I fail to understand the grizz hate, Grizz is a great and inspired person who will back up claims with research
    why aren't you around more often?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      why aren't you around more often?
      where?
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Paysan View Post
        Well, Grizz is going to have the last laugh on me. It took me 8 weeks of titrating up to 8 drops Lugol's 2 %. Remember how he cautioned against going too fast? I thought I was being rational and cautious, but in the last 2 days, I have developed itchy weals that I'm calling bromaderma. Most are on my arms, a couple elsewhere. They are annoying, but the reason I've taken 2 salt flushes already is to control the reaction and not stress my wonky heart any worse in this heat. Otherwise, I'm a bit startled by even having a reaction, but I guess that means I am either a. loaded with toxins (which I don't entirely accept) or b. sensitized to most chemicals, vital or not. Whatever, I'm actually happy to see confirmation that I needed iodine and that it's doing its job.

How do you reach this conclusion? Isn't it equally possible that you don't need iodine and that the reactions you have experienced are due to over-dosing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
          I think it took under 2 months. Are you using a carrier oil?
          No, no carrier oil. I found that nothing scabs over with a carrier oil, plus I can't get the iodine to stay on since the skin is vertical (hip) and I don't have time to lie still and let it dry.

I'm going to keep going with what I until these moles are gone. I just need more time. After that, I'll try a grapeseed oil protocol with more frequent application. Not like I have any shortage of moles to experiment on.
          5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

• I have titrated up to 65 mgs. I have been weak all day, but that is because I have also increased a blood pressure med back to the prescribed dose. I forgot how weak it always made me feel. My former doctor just wanted me to keep taking it despite the anemic feelings. I will skip tonights dose and increase my coconut oil instead. That stuff does not affect me negatively. And I just realized, I did not get a chance to take my supplements today.
            Last edited by ljbprrfmof; 07-21-2012, 05:26 PM. Reason: Left my participle dangling.
            Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
            I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
            Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
            ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              [/B]

How do you reach this conclusion? Isn't it equally possible that you don't need iodine and that the reactions you have experienced are due to over-dosing?
              Grizz is not the only source of my iodine info, and others also warn against detoxing too fast, particularly going w/o the recommended supplements . However, I am on the supplements. My past history is full of chemical sensitivities; so this wasn't a total surprise. Do I need iodine? Everybody does. Do I need this amount, which isn't much more than a single Iodoral tablet, 12.5 mg. I think so.However, since one of my offspring has severe G.I. issues, and I want her on it, I'm using Lugol's and saving the Iodoral for her. At 8 drops, my stomach rebels; so I'm splitting the dose into 2. And until this reaction flare dies down, I'm off it for at least 2 days. I just won't need to go as high dose nor as fast as those suffering cancer and other serious ailments. If I had cancer, I'd push through the detox ASAP to save my life. But I also expect that, like morphine dosages, there are no overdoses till the body has had enough. This was not an overdose situation.

Comment

Well, Grizz is going to have the last laugh on me. It took me 8 weeks of titrating up to 8 drops Lugol's 2 %. Remember how he cautioned against going too fast? I thought I was being rational and cautious, but in the last 2 days, I have developed itchy weals that I'm calling bromaderma. Most are on my arms, a couple elsewhere. They are annoying, but the reason I've taken 2 salt flushes already is to control the reaction and not stress my wonky heart any worse in this heat. Otherwise, I'm a bit startled by even having a reaction, but I guess that means I am either a. loaded with toxins (which I don't entirely accept) or b. sensitized to most chemicals, vital or not. Whatever, I'm actually happy to see confirmation that I needed iodine and that it's doing its job.
                Paysan, read posts 3561 (by Cori) and 3575. Serious research by scientists, one of whom is studying iodine and its effects on the body. He stresses how important it is and how much needed. But what you are calling "bromaderma" looks very like overdosing on iodine to the point of toxicity. I certainly wouldn't read it as confirmation that you need this level of iodine.

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                  I fail to understand the grizz hate, Grizz is a great and inspired person who will back up claims with research
                  And will also back up claims with masses - literally masses - of anecdotal "evidence" that is no way research.
                  Last edited by breadsauce; 07-22-2012, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• And how can you be sure your few 'regular' studies are right. If they start out trying to prove an idea, the results can be written to skew the data. Think the whole global warming debate, that is now in question due to emails leaked in Great Britain.

Some times, the 'anecdotal evidence' drives the scientific studies. This would be true if research seems to be at odds with the empirical knowledge that seems to be consistent with-in the populace.

All I am saying is I think you need to keep an open mind on all aspects. Just because conventional wisdom is trying to prove its point, does not always make it correct. Here again, I offer this website as an example. You would not even be here if you did not doubt CW. The current think 'fat is bad', I believe is based on one scientist's report from the 30s or 40s. I believe if you ever fought a weight problem in the past couple of decades, you went low fat/high carb.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------His name was Ansel Keyes and he did his study in the 1950s. http://vimeo.com/17893168 about 25 minutes in.

L J
                    Last edited by ljbprrfmof; 07-22-2012, 09:32 AM.
                    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
                    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
                    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
                    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Comment

• We arrived in Michigan without any problems, and we are having fun with our son & grandson. Our new Prius made the 12 hour trip with 52 to 54 MPG. Its GPS did a fantastic job guiding us through the Chicago mess.

When I get back home, I will be focusing on writing magazine articles on iodine and I will be available here for questions only.

Beware of the Trolls who are parroting bad data on iodine. There is only one expert to follow and that is Dr. Brownstein and his time tested and proven Iodine Protocol. His Iodine Project cleared all the negativism about iodine. The skeptics on iodine are dead wrong.

Here is the document to refute the trolls assertion of "too Much Iodine is Harmful"
                      http://www.gabrielcousens.com/LinkCl...language=en-US

Y'all have all of my research at your fingertips to do battle with the Trolls here.
                      http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

If I get a magazine article launched, it will be a cause for celebration.

Grizz

Comment

• ...short-lived, but it was a great weekend for this thread. Alas, all good things must come to an end.

Happy iodining everyone ...<gotta go crawl back under my bridge now>... hebs

Comment

• Originally posted by hebsie View Post
                          ...short-lived, but it was a great weekend for this thread. Alas, all good things must come to an end.

Happy iodining everyone ...<gotta go crawl back under my bridge now>... hebs
                          Agree!!!

Comment

Grizz is not the only source of my iodine info, and others also warn against detoxing too fast, particularly going w/o the recommended supplements . However, I am on the supplements. My past history is full of chemical sensitivities; so this wasn't a total surprise. Do I need iodine? Everybody does. Do I need this amount, which isn't much more than a single Iodoral tablet, 12.5 mg. I think so.However, since one of my offspring has severe G.I. issues, and I want her on it, I'm using Lugol's and saving the Iodoral for her. At 8 drops, my stomach rebels; so I'm splitting the dose into 2. And until this reaction flare dies down, I'm off it for at least 2 days. I just won't need to go as high dose nor as fast as those suffering cancer and other serious ailments. If I had cancer, I'd push through the detox ASAP to save my life. But I also expect that, like morphine dosages, there are no overdoses till the body has had enough. This was not an overdose situation.
                            Oh Puhleeeze! I survived cancer. There is no way that high doses of iodine cures cancer. It just doesn't work that way. Get real!

I continue to be astounded by the nonsense that people are gullible enough to believe.

Comment

• I've been on iodine high dose Started in February. My breast cysts are gone. I don't know who annoys me more Grizz or Paleobird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferti View Post
                                I've been on iodine high dose Started in February. My breast cysts are gone. I don't know who annoys me more Grizz or Paleobird.
                                cysts=/=cancer

Comment

Working...
                                X