No announcement yet.

Carb Blockers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a few diabetics who use these on an occasional basis when it is socially or otherwise unavoidable to eat excess carbs.

Hint: if the carbs don't get digested they have to go somewhere, usually down the toilet rather quickly (they feed the bacteria in your bowel quite effectively) so IMO best kept as an occasional cheat.

I have minimal to zero Phase 1 insulin but quite strong Phase 2: a trick that works for me (and the people I learned it from, but not everyone) is to have a small portion of fast carbs about half an hour before eating (mother has things called Amaretti made of apricot pits and obscene amounts of glucose, but they are tiny). This emulates an insulin spike by the time the meal arrives, then a *fast* walk immediately after eating when the insulin output is highest serves to consume the excess glucose. Ideal for eating out, Christmas and visiting aunts, but not to be done on a regular basis.

Comment

Trinkwasser (what is "Trink" water, BTW?)good observations. How much blocker in mg do you find useful for maybe how many grams of carbs?

The trick you mention is the old candy industry canard about how candy can help you lose weight. Yes, eat a bit of fast glucose 1/2 hour to 20 minutes ahead of a meal and you are less likely to eat to satiation.

Comment

Working...
      X