Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rapid Temporary Weight Gain From Complex Carb Inflammation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It still seems there is something else going on, though. I can understand the rapid weight gain and loss from a carb refeed, but a 6-10lbs gain from just a few pieces of bread? I still think it's an abnormal inflammation situation and not a normal metabolic process.

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
      It still seems there is something else going on, though. I can understand the rapid weight gain and loss from a carb refeed, but a 6-10lbs gain from just a few pieces of bread? I still think it's an abnormal inflammation situation and not a normal metabolic process.
      No, just water weight. You are being paranoid about teh evil carbz.

Comment

If it only happens with bread couldn't it be an allergic reaction / intolerance to gluten or yeast?
        My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky View Post
          If it only happens with bread couldn't it be an allergic reaction / intolerance to gluten or yeast?
          Please explain the mechanism for how an allergic reaction or intolerance would cause you to gain a substantial amount of weight but have it melt off a day or two later???? Chocotaco already explained how carbs add water weight. This is a well known fact. Why do you think people lose so much weight in the first week of going low carb? Do you really think that these people lost 10 pounds of fat in one week? No, of course not, it is just water weight.

Comment

Maybe so, but seems weird that a one-time serving of 20-40g of wheat could cause that much water weight. I could understand 400-1000g of starchy carbs causing it, but a couple servings of bread?

Comment

This is why I don't weigh myself...

Comment

Working...
              X