Coconut oil in stores?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut oil in stores?

Can coconut oil be bought in regular stores or just online?

rosemary,

It is in stores, but not the good coconut oil. You need to order Nutivia Brand from Amazon.Com ( free shipping) for the best coconut oil.
    Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 54-Ounce Containers (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

or Gold Label coconut oil from Tropical Traditions. Tropical Traditions frequently has 2 for 1 sales with free shipping.
    Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil - Certified Organic from Tropical Traditions

Some say tropical traditions Gold is the best. I just ordered some this week for a test to see which is best.

Grizz

Comment

You can find some in trader joes, it's their own brand. Living in CA I'm confident you should be able to find it at any health store or even regular supermarket, just search the oil aisle and/or the international aisle.

Honestly though, go to amazon.com and 'subscribe' to either one Grizz suggested and get it with free shipping. I have mine set to deliver every six months, which for me is about right.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

i get it at whole foods. They have several brands, including those mentioned in this thread.
        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Thanks to you all. I shop a lot on Amazon and it's easy to do.

Comment

I bought coconut oil at Clarks -at Dinah Shore and Monterey

Comment

Yeah, you never have to worry about it - coconut oil is easy to get, both online and at many markets.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGrokette View Post
                I bought coconut oil at Clarks -at Dinah Shore and Monterey
                Know where it is. I was down there buying tvp until I got away from it. Really a nice big bright store. Most health food stores remind me of a place full of ill people trying to cure something. The one near us is usually

Comment

Originally posted by mando View Post
                  Yeah, you never have to worry about it - coconut oil is easy to get, both online and at many markets.
                  That's good to know. I hadn't thought about cooking with it, I want to supplement my fat intake. Two or three TBLs a day is recommended I think.

Comment

What's wrong with Spectrum organic unrefined coconut oil? Hrm, it says expeller pressed, not cold pressed, so maybe that's it? They carry it at Sprouts and Walmart out here.

Comment

I have seen Spectrum in stores alot lately, the demand for coconut oil is certainly raising, not just for Primal, but for health conscience people that are looking for a medium chain fatty acid, as well as all the other health benefits it has!

I even have my English Bulldog on it, and have the bulldog club trying it out (1/4 tsp per 20 pounds if you want to help the coat and overall health--work your way up to 1/2 tsp per 20 lbs--if you go too fast you will have NASTY effects LOL)

Personally I buy from Tropical Traditions, and I get coconut chips at the same time (large peels of unsweetened coconut) Buy in bulk during their great sales, or buy on a free shipping day (or both if you are lucky!)
                      Redflame
                      Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                      Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                      Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                      15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

i buy my nutiva from gnc. buy 1, get the second one half price

Comment

I use Nutiva, buy it in the store.

Comment

Working...
                          X