soaked grains = good bread?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soaked grains = good bread?

So I heard yesterday that there was a difference between bread today and bread from 2000 years ago. Apparently 2000 years ago people would soak their grains before grinding them and making bread. Soooooo..... Not that I would ever put bread back in my diet, but would making bread from soaked grains be more acceptable to the human person than what we do today? Would there be a nutritional value to it?

Originally posted by somecatholickid View Post
    So I heard yesterday that there was a difference between bread today and bread from 2000 years ago. Apparently 2000 years ago people would soak their grains before grinding them and making bread. Soooooo..... Not that I would ever put bread back in my diet, but would making bread from soaked grains be more acceptable to the human person than what we do today? Would there be a nutritional value to it?
    Yes if it is soaked and fermented is MUCH better.

Are Traditionally Prepared Grains Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Now if this could get out into mainstream then food manufactores could start doing this which would increase health in the general population (although not nearly as much as living the PB lifestyle)
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Much better, but closer to neutral than good.
      Lifting Journal

Comment

And the wheat back then was genetically different as well.

Not saying soaking is a bad idea, just that soaking isn't the only thing that was different.
        Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
          And the wheat back then was genetically different as well.

Not saying soaking is a bad idea, just that soaking isn't the only thing that was different.
          Very true.
          Lifting Journal

Comment

Working...
          X