What's your go to snack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your go to snack?

When you've had one of those days and you're considering just gnawing on a frozen steak to avoid cooking it what do you have on hand to keep from turning to the 20%?

Homemade broth, soup, chug some. Otherwise i turn to dairy, which I am trying to do less of, but 1/2 cottage cheese or Greek yogurt hits the spot for me, too. I am trying really hard to stay away from nuts right now...when I quit smoking, they kind of replaced the oral fixation..and 15 lbs later I am OFF nuts! lol..Dairy and all alcohol are next...Jeez..maybe I should go back to potato chips! Crunchy veggies help too, but until I can sink my teeth into some good meat and fat....I will struggle.

Comment

In an ideal case I take a spoonful of coconut oil or two. Fat always helps, and if I'm already hungry / in keto, the MCTs give me a bit of a jump start to make some real food. I've also been known to nibble on the butter or take a spoonful of ghee.

In less than ideal cases, whatever the hell I can find... raw bacon, almond butter, carrots, sometimes I'll eat a bell pepper like an apple. I do my best not to keep many snack-type foods around, so its really a matter of scrounging. If I keep things like jerky, nuts, etc in the house, I will justify them all too often.

Comment

I cook a chicken once a week and make stock with the bones. I put the meat in once container and the broth in another. When I need a fast-food meal I heat the broth with frozen broccoli and then toss in a little of the chicken. Sometimes I'll add diced green onion or a little sesame oil. The rest of the chicken gets fed to my spoiled dog.

Canned salmon or tuna with frozen peas are fast.

Ground beef can cooked up pretty quickly and tossed over salad greens.

I also usually make pulled pork once a week and keep it in the fridge for use on a diced avocado, salad greens, or just by itself in a pinch
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

CO oil or a few Mac nuts.

Comment

Nuts
            Apple slices dipped in almond butter
            www.healingcenterofmaine.com
            Detox the Body, Mind, and Spirit with Holistic Healing

Comment

pickles
              olives
              pistachios (these are great because you have to use your hands too) or almonds
              a can of tuna
              cottage cheese
              occasionally a nut butter
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Ham. I buy celery extract one (termed all-natural) and hope it's for the best. Lately, i have been partaking of eating small pieces of butter. cabbage with vinegar and coarse salt.
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

tanka bites:
                  buffalo jerky, dried cranberries, very good.

or i just go for miso broth. i drink miso 4 times a week at least. so i just bought the freaking paste and make my own.
                  "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
                  started @400+pounds
                  CW: 191lbs 15%BF
                  PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
                  UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Comment

My go to right now is sardines and a piece of fruit.

Comment

Blue Diamond Wasabi and Soy Sauce Bold Almonds
                      -or-
                      The Habanero BBQ ones
                      Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
                      2/16/13 at 241 pounds
                      Goal is 223 pounds or less

Comment

Pork cracklins. You can get 'em in practically any gas station, so if I'm suddenly feeling "stranded" and hungry, I stop and grab a bag to munch on.

Comment

piece of fruit and some nuts or almond butter
                          if I have it, yogurt and frozen berries
                          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Beef jerky.

Comment

jerky is good, i like raisins too. but i must admit i do not snack much these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X