Kerrygold Trader Joe vs. Whole Foods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerrygold Trader Joe vs. Whole Foods

Why does the Kerrygold butter at TJ say it's made from grass fed cows but the one from WF doesn't? Are they the same thing?

If it's true Kerrygold, it is from grass-fed cows. I don't think Ireland has any other kind - all their cows are free and happy! :-D

Comment

I bought this from Trader Joe's a few weeks ago.

It says grassfed on it.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Now Costco has 17.6 oz containers of soft Kerrygold butter; it says it's from grass-fed cows. I think I paid 6-something for it.

Comment

Kerrygold rocks! If it'skerrygold(other than that lowfatbutter mistake) it's goooood!
          Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

I'm lucky, we have enough farmers markets and natural food stores in the DC area that I can buy grass-fed butter directly from the farmer, or with only one middleman. What always kills me is how YELLOW the stuff is.
            5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

happy cows come from cali....ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                happy cows come from cali....ireland.
                haha - it's true :-) when you see them romping all over the green hills and fields, you just KNOW those are some happy cows....

Comment

Originally posted by Alainneire View Post
                  haha - it's true :-) when you see them romping all over the green hills and fields, you just KNOW those are some happy cows....
                  Cows are FAT. They are lucky we domesticated them, and they don't live on the African plains.

Comment

Cows are BIG for sure.. I think grass-fed are generally leaner though. I lived in Ireland for a good few years, spent a lot of time on my then bf's farm - lots of cows, sold for beef, all grass fed and all seemed pretty happy to me - although i admit it was hard for me to see them on their way to the butcher. in hindsight I probably shouldn't have named them.....

Comment

Hey I live in Chapel Hill, TN and we have a few dairy farms on my way to take my son to school and I always see them happily grazing on many many acres of grass. I also see calves born all the time and they leave them with their moms around here. So sweet to see the moms cleaning the new babies. I am sure they don't mass produce milk that way but it is more natural and the moms look healthy and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by trob1234 View Post
                        Hey I live in Chapel Hill, TN and we have a few dairy farms on my way to take my son to school and I always see them happily grazing on many many acres of grass. I also see calves born all the time and they leave them with their moms around here. So sweet to see the moms cleaning the new babies. I am sure they don't mass produce milk that way but it is more natural and the moms look healthy and happy.
                        Exactly! (grin) I used to love calving season in Ireland. I would name all the new calves and loved visiting them (not too closely, as there is nothing quite as frightening as having a massive mama cow running at ya cause you are a bit too close to her baby )
                        I wasn't primal then, so i named them cute names... where as now i would probably be a bit more practical - e.g. "I now name you dinner for the month of May" etc...

Comment

I just looked at the Kerrygold I picked up from Whole Foods the other day and it says "Milk From Grass-Fed Cows" right above the logo in big letters.

I paid $2.79 per 8oz block. Per pound, that's about the same as dragonmamma paid at Costco. It's not often their prices are in line with eachother! I don't know what WF charges for the spreadable, though. They do carry it, I just didn't notice the price.

Comment

First time I picked up Kerrygold butter I didn't see anything on the package about being grass-fed. I'm pretty sure it's always been grass-fed but the labeling is new.

Comment

Working...
                            X