So, what do I put in it then eh????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what do I put in it then eh????

After I workout I come and make the obligatory protein shake "is it true primal, no. Do I like it, yes" My question is, I use Coconut milk the plain no sugar as my liquid, but I have been using one banana and a 7 or 8 frozen blackberries some kefir and flaxseed oil to make the shake. The more I read, the more I see that bananas are bad... So, back to the title of the post, what do I put in it?
    Knowledge is power, but Ignorance is bliss

Eating a banana after training isn't bad. Eating a banana would need a second thought for someone who has a lot of fat to lose and isn't training hard. I wouldn't worry about a banana. I add dextrose to my PWO shake sometimes, when I have them. Depends on your goals.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

bananas are bad because of high carb count?
      We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
      Current Weight: 224 lb
      Goal: 190-200 lb
      Height: 6'-0"

Comment

yeah cause of the carbs. if it were me and my shake, i'd use half the banana *shrug*
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Use baby bananas. Or the more scientific term, microbanana.

Comment

How about frozen raspberries? I make my protein shakes with coconut cream, a good 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries, and plain grass-fed whey protein. The raspberries have so powerful a flavour (for relatively few carbs) that a small amount really does the trick.
            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Machismo View Post
              The more I read, the more I see that bananas are bad... So, back to the title of the post, what do I put in it?
              Having a banana is equal to having a big meal as it contain almost all nutrients that present in one big meal. SO if you want to reduce your weight then it is bad for you.

Comment

I'm not worrying about loosing weight per say, I am 5'9 and 165 lbs. I am just trying to shed the 14% body fat I have to be honest. The real reason for going Primal is the idea of not eating anymore junk. I have been Primal for around a month and had BBQ the other day, after the sauce that was laden with sugar I felt as if someone kicked me in the gut, and I got tired to the point I had to lay down.... Who knew?

So, bananas aren't bad per say, just not recommended?

Comment

Don't be afraid of bananas. Just be aware that there will be 25-30 grams of carbs in one. It is up to you to decide if that fits into your plan or not.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with a banana, especially if you're working out. Some of us do better and have greater success with higher carb counts - I'm one of those folks. I aim for 100 - 150 carbs/day, and I do eat a banana now and then. Not a big deal.

Comment

After I workout I come and make the obligatory protein shake "is it true primal, no. Do I like it, yes" My question is, I use Coconut milk the plain no sugar as my liquid, but I have been using one banana and a 7 or 8 frozen blackberries some kefir and flaxseed oil to make the shake. The more I read, the more I see that bananas are bad... So, back to the title of the post, what do I put in it?
                      Bananas? Interesting article about whey and bananas here (not exactly relevant to the "primal" question, but interesting, nonetheless...especially during winter's "seasonal affective disorder" season):

About Depression, Whey Protein & Bananas | eHow.com
                      Last edited by Bear; 12-15-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Ok, my post workout shake is really my biggest carb intake of the day it tops out around 61g of carbs with 56g of protein and 11.7g of fat. I would say at most my daily carb intake is around 150g or less, I am estimating pretty high, and I know it would never go over that.

Comment

ya bananas are great post workout, only reason why some say its bad because of the extremely high GI and carb count. i eat about 1 or 2 bananas a week.
                          "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
                          started @400+pounds
                          CW: 191lbs 15%BF
                          PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
                          UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Comment

That is a pretty interesting article, guess that is why I am so cheerful in the morning which my fiance' hates

Comment

I'm not worrying about loosing weight per say, I am 5'9 and 165 lbs. I am just trying to shed the 14% body fat I have to be honest. The real reason for going Primal is the idea of not eating anymore junk. I have been Primal for around a month and had BBQ the other day, after the sauce that was laden with sugar I felt as if someone kicked me in the gut, and I got tired to the point I had to lay down.... Who knew?

So, bananas aren't bad per say, just not recommended?
                              Bananas are not junk, eat them in your PWO shake if you like them. You want to lose some bodyfat, but a banana is not going to harm you, especially after working out (LHT only - don't need this after aerobic activity).
                              People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Working...
                              X