Animal organs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal organs

So what is the most nutritious animal organ to eat? And from what animal? Beef? Pork? Chicken? Other?
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

Liver; I don't think it matters much which animal is comes from.

Comment

If beef liver is too strong a taste for you, see if you can find calf liver or lamb liver. I also order offal from a company called ElkUSA.com that sells really pricey game meats online but in their "dogfood" section they get rid of the other parts nobody wants at really low prices. Elk liver pate is to die for. And Elk heart makes a great slow cooker stew.

Brains are also excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bissen View Post
        Liver; I don't think it matters much which animal is comes from.
        Yeah I agree. And its pretty delicious fried with coconut oil

Comment

just give me some liver and i'm happy

Comment

Does it matter? Try them all. They each have their own value. I regularly eat liver, brain, kidney and heart
            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Chicken hearts and gizzards...mmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                If beef liver is too strong a taste for you, see if you can find calf liver or lamb liver. I also order offal from a company called ElkUSA.com that sells really pricey game meats online but in their "dogfood" section they get rid of the other parts nobody wants at really low prices. Elk liver pate is to die for. And Elk heart makes a great slow cooker stew.

Brains are also excellent.
                Their dogfood is USDA human quality and just what I've been looking for, all the guts ground w/ some meat to 'hamburger' specs for under $5/lb and all OUT OF STOCK, dammit. It shows you the demand is there.
                Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by IvyBlue View Post
                  Their dogfood is USDA human quality and just what I've been looking for, all the guts ground w/ some meat to 'hamburger' specs for under $5/lb and all OUT OF STOCK, dammit. It shows you the demand is there.
                  Sorry, it's probably out of stock because I bought it all.

Comment

Asked this in another thread and waiting for an answer still, so...is it healthy to eat liver/etc. from factory farmed animals? I see beef and chicken livers for like 99 cents at Basha's, but when I buy beef I only buy grass-fed for obvious reasons. Do the nutrients in the liver "cancel out" the fact that it's from factory farms? Wouldn't there be less nutrients to begin with?
                    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                    --Hyperlithic

Comment

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                      Asked this in another thread and waiting for an answer still, so...is it healthy to eat liver/etc. from factory farmed animals? I see beef and chicken livers for like 99 cents at Basha's, but when I buy beef I only buy grass-fed for obvious reasons. Do the nutrients in the liver "cancel out" the fact that it's from factory farms? Wouldn't there be less nutrients to begin with?
                      Eating CAFO liver is better than eating no liver at all, IMO. It's not really about "canceling out" anything because CAFO vs Grass Fed is about the O6:O3 ratio while the reason for eating liver is about the nutrients. But, if you have a source for GF meat, you might be able to get liver too if you talk to the butcher. I found out that my meat CSA sells offal and bones if requested. Never hurts to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        Eating CAFO liver is better than eating no liver at all, IMO. It's not really about "canceling out" anything because CAFO vs Grass Fed is about the O6:O3 ratio while the reason for eating liver is about the nutrients. But, if you have a source for GF meat, you might be able to get liver too if you talk to the butcher. I found out that my meat CSA sells offal and bones if requested. Never hurts to ask.
                        I usually just go to Trader Joe's to get my grass-fed beef, no butcher there lol. But maybe Whole Foods has some?
                        --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                        --Hyperlithic

Comment

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                          Where do you get your grass-fed beef? Can you just ask them for some liver?
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Don't forget bone marrow - that's a great one
                            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                              Where do you get your grass-fed beef? Can you just ask them for some liver?
                              Trader Joe's...like I said, no butcher there lol
                              --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

--Hyperlithic

Comment

Working...
                              X