Carb help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb help!

What are some good carb sources BESIDES fruit and sweet potatoes?? I tried to buy and eat fruit because I mostly just eat meat/seafood/veggies, but I just hate fruit and can't stomach it, it's rotting in my fridge lol. So I ended up buying the best quality milk I could find instead, but I had just eliminated dairy and would like to keep it that way if possible.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

Plantains, squash, rice, and potatoes.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

How about carrots, parsnips, beets, and other roots?

Comment

Ok, carrots may work...I eat sweet potatoes occasionally but I'm not a big fan. Not even of carrots actually lol. I just have such a hard time eating carbs for some reason, they're just...ugh. Idk lol. I've just been tired a lot and I think it's from lack of carbs, otherwise I would just keep doing what I'm doing.
        --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
        --Hyperlithic

Comment

kefir/yogurt
          squashes
          avocado
          white rice
          potatoes
          dark chocolate
          "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
          started @400+pounds
          CW: 191lbs 15%BF
          PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
          UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Comment

Which "sweet potatoes" are you eating.

Most people get sweet potatoes and yams mixed up.

Yams are the red ones you eat at xmas time coated in nasty marshmallows, and sweet
            potatoes are light skinned and yellow inside when you cook 'em.

I lurve both, but I find that sweet potatoes are way more delicious and less "watery" than
            yams.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.... but yeah, try carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, turnips....

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Chochobo View Post
              kefir/yogurt
              squashes
              avocado
              white rice
              potatoes
              How many carbs are in avocadoes?? I eat usually one a day. I hate rice, but squash may be an option. Why are all carbs just so...unappetizing??? Lol
              --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

--Hyperlithic

Comment

Hmm have you tried Pumpkin/butternut squash/spaghetti squash/acorn squash

I believe Turnips are carby as well. They are good in a nice stew. You can take all the squash and add it to a nice stew actually..along with your carrots. I only like carrots cooked myself. Parsnips are pretty good, give them a shot.

Sweet potatoes with cinnamon and butter are pretty good.

Just put your favorite sauce/fat over it and it can make just about anything delectable. Ohh another thing that is really good sweet potato fries, and all the squash (except maybe spaghetti)/carrots to make veggie chips. Make sure you are using animal fat or coconut oil on that stuff.
                Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

I like mashed turnips with butter too! The consistancy is exactly that of white potatoes.
                  Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                    Why are all carbs just so...unappetizing??? Lol
                    if u dont like carbs then y eat them. otherwise u can add food to hide the carbs if u dont like them. make chicken/beef/pork fried rice with coconut oil. add butter to mashed potatoes with roasted garlic.

garlic and onions are pretty high in carbs too for their weight.
                    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
                    started @400+pounds
                    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
                    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
                    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Comment

I just feel like I need to eat them, since I seem to be getting tired just eating protein and fat and greens...figured that was the issue
                      --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

--Hyperlithic

Comment

well there must be some carbs you like, but in the end you have to remember that most carbs are really good just to transport sauces haha whip yourself up some primal sauces and smother your carbs in them, and also spices! sweet potatoes are delicious, but add some butter/coco oil and cinnamon and they are godly, rice is really good when you mix up some spices and put teriyaki type sauces on it, esp. if you mix it up with veggies and meat in a big mess. add flavor to your dishes, i was extremely minimilist with my dishes for a long time, and i enjoyed it,but eventually it got to a point where i wanted to kill myself i needed something new, and sauces and spices do the trick!

Comment

Once I roasted some marrow bones and saved the fat that drained off. Then I used it to mash up a bunch of steamed parsnips. That beefy fat taste might make these a carb you would enjoy.

Comment

If you're just eating protein, fat and greens, why not add some other kinds of non-starchy vegetables. Zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, mushrooms, snap peas, chinese peas, eggplant, celery root, kholrabi, bok choy, fennel... Or screw the veggies and have some liver. Beef liver, chicken liver, foi gras, liverwurst.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                              If you're just eating protein, fat and greens, why not add some other kinds of non-starchy vegetables. Zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, mushrooms, snap peas, chinese peas, eggplant, celery root, kholrabi, bok choy, fennel... Or screw the veggies and have some liver. Beef liver, chicken liver, foi gras, liverwurst.
                              I eat tomatoes and mushrooms, but I guess I'm just picky lol. Is it ok to eat liver from the "normal" grocery store? That's the only place I've ever seen it and obviously it would be from factory farmed animals, so is that still healthy? When I eat beef I only buy grass-fed
                              --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

--Hyperlithic

Comment

Working...
                              X