Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I'm eating spoonfuls of almond butter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I'm eating spoonfuls of almond butter!

ok, so i've been mostly primal for a month now. No grains, no sugar (expect for an occasional Diet Dr. Pepper to kick a headache). I haven't really craved "bad" stuff like cookies, cakes...but when I get to have my afternoon snack of celery or apples with almond or macadamia nut butter, I find myself taking a few extra spoonfuls of straight butter! Am I doomed to never kick my sugar/sweet addiction or is this a "normal" transitional step?

thanks for any advise/encouragement!

I went through a nut butter phase, too. I just stopped buying it and don't particularly miss it. No more than 20 almonds on any given day seems to hit the spot now.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Look at the price sticker and then realize you could buy a pound of good meat for the price of one jar... hehe.

Honestly, I like the stuff but it's so pricey I won't gobble it down - I ration it.

Try different things with your celery and apples... try apples with sharp cheddar cheese (yummmm) or celery scooping up homemade guacamole or baba ganoush or something.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I found a 26 oz of almond butter at Costco for only 6 dollars... I'm eating it by the cupfuls Bought 3 jars and finished one in a week.

It's okay if you're not trying to lose weight. I'm trying to gain, so it's okay for me.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

dang raphael that is a good deal. want to send me some? haha. I don&#39;t want to eat it straight up but it&#39;s good for baking primal brownies or whatnot.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I think it tastes like picnic bench... but love baking brownies with it!!!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
            -John Lennon

Comment

Raphael, is it Mara Natha?

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Yep! How do you know?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Mara Natha&#39;s the same one I buy from Costco too. Its lethal stuff; for fat loss, the only way I can resist is if I don&#39;t have it in the house. I stopped buy almonds to roast, and found that the cravings stopped.

I went through the same &#39;nut addiction&#39; when I first started-considering that you&#39;ve ditched the sugar and grains, I&#39;d say you&#39;ve made great progress already. Be careful, though. While transitioning, I went through a time of mass consumption of primal goodness-nut/coconut butter, coconut milk, primal brownies & pancakes. It was an exciting time , but note the calories if you&#39;re aiming for fat loss.

Comment

I just got through this too; I think it&#39;s really psychological, since nuts (and fruits) are the closest we get to "forbidden" foods without actually eating sugar or grains, and we naturally start wanting stuff like that once we no longer are permitted to have it. Watch out though, because you could put on a bit of weight!

Comment

thanks to all for the feedback. Yeah, I think KaterinaE and Iceskater are right on the money...it&#39;s a psychological thing. It&#39;s not that I want to substitute the butters for cheese or something else (due to variety or cost,) it&#39;s because it&#39;s the closest thing to a "sweet treat" I now eat. Instead of craving cookies and cake, I now crave chocolate protein powder and coconut butter LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X