Paleo or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo or not?

I just made a shake with vanilla almond milk, banana , blackberries, strawberries and cinnamon... Is this a good Paleo snack?

Most of the flavored almond milks have loads of sugar/other additives. try coconut milk or just plain H2O. I would also try to avoid snacking and eat more at regular meals.
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by lmoya83 View Post
        I just made a shake with vanilla almond milk, banana , blackberries, strawberries and cinnamon... Is this a good Paleo snack?
        Full of sugar.

Comment

If you are hungry, eat something that has a good amount of protein, and some complex carbs from veggies. Ex: can of tuna and some bell peppers/carrots, or beef jerkey.

That is 3 days worth of fruit for me in that smoothie. You can buy unsweetened almond milk, or make your own from blanched almonds and water.

Comment

Vanilla almond milk = processed sugar + additives + chemicals...
            Try coconut milk, water or if you consume dairy try what we drink, grass-fed whole milk... Preferably raw or at least unhomogenized...

Comment

yeah, that's a high calorie, high sugar drink. given, it has some vitamin c and antioxidants, but it's really not a great idea to fuel yourself like this.

i also don't like the idea of snacking too much, but that's just me.

Comment

Well, to answer your question, no it most definitely is not Paleo.

Comment

If you substituted coconut milk and added some protein powder, it would be a good choice before and after a workout.

Comment

Originally posted by XGrains View Post
                    If you substituted coconut milk and added some protein powder, it would be a good choice before and after a workout.
                    Protein powder is processed, and therefore, not paleo. It's also not a good idea to consume a lot of fat pre or post workout.
                    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Sounds fine to me. I'm going to assume you are using the unsweetened almond milk because obviously the sweetened stuff wouldn't be very primal at all. The banana is a pretty good sugar jolt to so I wouldn't do it TOO frequently. But sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                      X