Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great price for creamed coconut

http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Do-Organi...hu-rd_add_1_dp

I tried it yesterday, and it's good stuff. More for your money than Nutiva Coconut Manna.

I just bought a few of these at the store a few days ago and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. I have just been really lazy and haven't gotten around to it. I paid about $2.99 for them. Anyway, is it similar to coconut butter?

Comment

I've never had anything called coconut butter, but it's like the coconut manna by Nutiva. (To the best of my memory; it's been a while since I had the manna.)

Comment

I bought some of that stuff and used it this weekend. I made a thai red curry from it. Basically I used about 2/3 the package, softened it in a little hot water, added some sugar snap peas, kale and red bell peppers all cut up and about 1/2 jar of Thai Kitchen red curry paste. I added water until it looked right, not too thick, not too watery. Took it to a potluck with some rice and everyone thought it was delicious. A lot of oil rises to the surface making it a lot more rich than using coconut milk. Or maybe I didn't add enough water. It was thick, rich and tasty.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Whole Foods also has this in the baking aisle for much less than the Nutiva although the Nutiva's been on sale the last couple of times I bought it.
          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Working...
          X