Diet Plan for Beginner.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Plan for Beginner.

Hi all, I stumbled upon this blog and learnt about Primal Blueprint 1~2 days ago. I was stunned...
    Looking at so many success stories, all of you guys(&ladies of cos) possess a body to die for.
    I have been working out in gyms, dieting, running and even tried out slimming salon etc but that type of body is still beyond my reach...

I placed an order of the book in my country immediately. I wish to learn about the diet 1st. Wish to start it immediatey while waiting for the book arrive.

I heard of HIGH FAT DIET few months back, is it something similar? I tried it w/o full understanding and gain more weight instead.

How does the diet work?

Any guidelines on
    1) What I am suppose to eat for a start?
    2) For the meats, chicken parts from KFC or other fried chicken stores allowed?
    3) What to eat for Breatfast, lunch, dinner? Supper allowed?
    4) Coffee & tea allowed in Primal diet ? Instant, home brew, starbucks frappaccino etc..
    5) Sweetened stuff allowed? e.g. Ice creams, whipped creams, cakes
    6) Dairy products allowed? e.g milk, cheese(mozerella, cheddar etc), butter, ghee, margarine
    7) How many hours of sleep/rest? Any minimun amount?
    8) Anything to avoid at all costs? e.g will cause weight gain etc..
    9) Psyllium Husk allowed?

Thank you all for reading and guidance.
    Last edited by Sky; 12-11-2011, 10:33 AM. Reason: Add on
    Any Other Primal Beings From Singapore?

psyllium husk is absolutely allowed

Comment

First of all Welcome.

Second, its not a diet, its a lifestyle.

Go to the home page and read the entire section called "start here"

Fried chicken is coated in flour so NO

Cakes = Flour = NO

ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS DETAILS CAN BE ANSWERED ON THE MAIN PAGE UNDER "START HERE"

Comment

The start here area of this website is great. I also think if you follow these recommendations you'll be off to a great start:

Archevore - Archevore Diet
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

In addition to the above link to the archevore diet, the Start Here page and reading as much of this blog as possible, see Dr. Eenfeldt's video. He explains the relationship of insulin to weight and insulin to the foods you eat (such as what happens when you eat a tuna sandwich with fruit and yogurt for lunch) really clearly.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I found that starting here was useful.
            Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
            Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
            Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
            Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

psyllium husk is absolutely allowed

LOL!

Comment

Thank you all for replying.....

Comment

Primal mode

Hi all, wish to ask what happens when I switched to Prima mode?
                  If I were to eat some ice cream, milk chocolate etc, once or twice a month, what will happen?

Thanks

Comment

You'll die a painful death... true story.

Seriously, nothing will happen. Aim for perfection knowing that you will be perfect only about 80% of the time.

Comment

The longer you go primal the less you will like the milk chocolate...it will taste too sweet and you will prob enjoy darker chocolate more.
                      As Hamstercaster said "Aim for perfection" enjoy the wonderful changes.
                      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                      PS
                      Don't forget to play!

Comment

If you are looking for simplicity in getting started, I think it is to be had. Start by eliminating sugar and grain (including fruit during adaptation). It will take you two or three weeks and you may experience "carb flu" as some call it. But, IMO, if you change just those two things, then you can spend the next few weeks reading and learning. It takes a while to digest what it means for your life and waiting till you have fully digested it is not really necessary. In these few weeks, you don't need to add exercise or do anything fancy. Just get the big dietary adaptations working in your system.

Comment

To make things really simple, don't worry about what you should eat. Instead, just remember what you shouldn't eat. There are a million different ways to do primal, and everyone here has a different diet that suits them and that keeps them happy, satisfied, and healthy. We all found our individual diets through experimentation over time, but there is one common thing that we ALL do which makes us primal: we avoid modern day poisons.

Concentrate on avoiding:
                          Grains
                          Vegetable oils
                          Sugar
                          Highly processed anything
                          Additives (flavor enhancers, artificial sweeteners, food dyes, preservatives, etc)

Eliminate that stuff and you'll do great.

Comment

Thank you for the DO NOT EAT list. That makes the diet easier to understand.
                            Vegetable oils as in margarine?
                            What about those vegetables that are pan/wok fried? Chinese style..
                            Also those coleslaw & salad with mayonaise allowed?
                            Thank you.

Comment

All vegetable oils in any shape or form. That means cooking oils, commercial mayonnaise, sauces you didn't make yourself, etc. Olive oil can be used on salads but you damage it in cooking so use it sparingly or not at all for cooking. For cooking use coconut oil, butter, ghee, real lard (if you can find it--good luck), tallow.

The archevore.com website has a good list of what to avoid and more importantly why. Archevore - Archevore Diet
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X