There's a new coconut milk in town

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a new coconut milk in town

And it 's cheap, good and has only two ingredients: coconut and water. I found it at Wal-Mart for $1.48 a can. It tastes great, thick and creamy.

And it's called "Golden Star" Coconut Milk.
    Last edited by Dave RN; 12-09-2011, 10:17 PM.

What's the brand? Is it actually white, instead of gray-ish?

Comment

Very white. "Golden Star".

It's the best I've ever had. just found this: The Wilderness Childe: Foodie Find: GoldenStar Coconut Milk

Foun dit on Amazon for $3.63 a can!!! Super cheap at Wally World though.

Comment

Golden Star, right? I just discovered this stuff myself. It is good—higher in both fat and saturated fat than just about every other brand, dead simple ingredients list, tasty, and inexpensive. I don't know how they do it, considering how all the other coconut milks I've seen have jumped in price lately. I plan to see how it is poured over a bowl of mixed berries this weekend.

ETA: Dave RN, you answered my question while I was still composing my post. Thanks! I snooze, I lose.
        Last edited by Boff's [widget]; 12-09-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

My local Wal-Marts carry no coconut milk at all.
          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Up until our last trip to Walmart - we do the Walmart/Costco thing about every three months - Golden Star was $1.28 a can! Last time they'd bumped it the 20, crap. Still a great buy though. Our little local grocery has Thai Kitchen brand with some creepy additives for almost $3 a can, later for that. I probably use three cans in an average week and that savings covers my gas for the long trip to the city every few months.

Comment

Thai kitchen just has Guar Gum, if I remember. Which is not an issue according to Mark. I can usually get 'em for under $2.00 at Food Lion.

Comment

What about PBAs in the cans? I avoid Thai kitchen for that reason also. I have Native Forest right now and it has guar. Also have some Trader Joes which I bought since it has no guar but is sadly "light". I figured I could add a bit of CO easier than remove the guar gum, heheh. I really hate going to Walmart. I do for car oil, so next time I am in there will check.

After hearing Mat Lalonde at AHS I am no longer convinced that all legume products are deadly anti nutrients. I would take guar bean gum over PBA any day. I guess the old hippie chick anti additive mentality still lives on in me.
                Last edited by Snauzoo; 12-10-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I recently found that stuff too! It's so good! I did wonder about the BPA thing though...but I'm pretending I don't know about it right now

Comment

this is the brand i get too, i like it much better than thai kitchen. it's just very creamy and 'good'
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

Can anyone post the nutritional info for it?

And that's awesome. How many oz is it?
                      Call me cael if caeliumspecto is just too long.

Also, though I would never say anything I thought would hurt someone, I am not a health expert.

Comment

Can size: 13.5 fl. oz. (400 mL)
                        Serving size: 1/3 cup (80 mL)
                        Servings per container: 5
                        Calories: 140
                        Fat calories: 130

Amount / Serving:
                        Total fat: 14g (22%)
                        Saturated fat: 13g (65%)
                        Trans fat: 0g
                        Cholesterol: 0mg (0%)
                        Sodium: 35mg (1%)
                        Total carbohydrates: 2g (1%)
                        Dietary fiber: 0g (0%)
                        Sugars: 2g
                        Protein: 1g

Vitamin A: 0%
                        Vitamin C: 0%
                        Calcium: 0%
                        Iron: 4%

Ingredients: Coconut milk, water

Comment

This stuff is great. I get it at Ralph's. I am really afraid we're going to find someday that it's made with human hair or something, but for now it is AWESOME.

I made hot chocolate with it tonight. Not totally primal, but smack-yo-mama delicious.
                          Steph
                          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                          X