Norway's butter shortage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway's butter shortage

Norway has gone all low carb and now has a butter shortage. Muahahaha.
    Diet craze has Norway begging for butter - Health - Diet and nutrition - msnbc.com

If this was America, I would be proud. It's really good news....but also bad news. Those poor Norwegians.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

my heart goes out to them, i can't imagine that kind of suffering
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Poor dears.

This story has me wanting to go stock up now. I can't be the only one.

Comment

Heh, the Norwegians I have over visiting have been stocking up on butter before they head home.

Comment

The motherland making me proud.

Comment

We should organize Kerrygold care packages for those poor folks. No wait....that would mean less for us. Oh well, they have our deepest sympathies.

Comment

OMG~ what will they put on their lefse???

Comment

fat-rich fad diet
                  Seems like a thoroughly researched, well balanced article.

Comment

It's bulls**t. Not a single article even mentions what diet it is everyone's so worked up about.
                    You'd think with an entire country gripped by this diet, they would be able to find out the sodding name of it.
                    Terrible journalism.

Comment

Time to render pork, lamb or beef fat =P.

Comment

Proud of my countrymen!!!! But glad I'm not there, that would suck! There is always ghee from the many Pakistani grocers there though? My best friend in Oslo made her own butter from raw cream last week. Crafty crowd.

Comment

I love how every time they mention what the butter will be used for it's either baking a dessert or slathered on toast. Clearly the writer has no idea about what the diet entails.

Comment

I actually did some poking around trying to identify the "fad diet" but turned up nothing. I think all of the coverage on this originates from the same source - so much for investigative journalism.

Comment

Oh, I remember making butter as a kid. We had raw cream & a little salt, put it in a jar with a marble, and shook the jar until it thickened.

Comment

Working...
                              X