Primal Stomach Flu Remedy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Stomach Flu Remedy?

Mom's got what she's calling a stomach flu: chills (no fever), dry-heaves. She asked me to get her some bananas, noodle soup, and white rice.

She's not very primal (although she's read Mark's book!)--and neither is her choice of remedies, it seems.

Any ideas on some Primal Upset Tummy remedies?
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Honestly, I give her the food she wants. When you're sick typically you only feel the desire to eat certain things. Plus rice and bananas are a-ok on primal.

Comment

I just had the stomach flu last week (it was hell!), and gave in to a piece of dry toast. I hadn't been sick like that since I was a kid, and it was what my mother used to give me when I got sick. I think it was more of a psychological thing than anything, but it helped, and I am okay with with having one piece of bread for the first time in 6 months.

I think some bone broth would be primal-friendly, as well as rice or bananas.

Comment

Ginger tea is seriously fabulous! grate a bit of fresh ginger in a cup, add hot water and let it seep for a minute or two. I drink it as is but some folks like to strain it. Ginger is an amazing spice for nausea....

Comment

Peppermint tea can soothe and warm broth can help. It depends on how well food is staying down.

Comment

strong alcohol, to kill the bad organisms inside

Comment

I make a light bone broth with ginger in it. I would go with chicken bones since chicken soup works wonders on people when they are sick. (although beef bone broth is going to be a big healthier)
              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Rest, hydration, chicken soup made with chicken bone broth and as ginger as she can handle, more rest. And stay home so she doesn't share the bug.

Comment

Broth is the one.

I myself have had my 1st cold in 3 years recently. Wonder if it could be the bread i've been eating recently lol

Comment

Bananas, white rice and broth soup. Your mom chose pretty well.

Something easy on your digestion.

Comment

Dr. Dado speaks again!!!
                      Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Working...
                      X