Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone cured allergies eating primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think cutting dairy might help me? It's the only thing I didn't cut when going primal, if anything I eat more than in the past... I wonder if cutting it will help me get over my allergies once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
      Do you think cutting dairy might help me? It's the only thing I didn't cut when going primal, if anything I eat more than in the past... I wonder if cutting it will help me get over my allergies once and for all.
      I didn't see a difference when I cut grains. The week after I cut dairy, my seasonal allergies were gone. I think it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterbike View Post
        I didn't see a difference when I cut grains. The week after I cut dairy, my seasonal allergies were gone. I think it's worth it.
        I suspect I might be like you. I noticed the KP on my arms got worse after primal. Then I developed heartburn when I started supplementing with bovine colostrum, and that's when I was forced to assess my diet and supplements. I have been on a 4 week bloated stall, which doesn't make sense since I'm still 30% BF. I took colostrum for 7 weeks and stopped yesterday. I think and hope it will turn for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by jkr View Post
          If you really want to lose your food allergies then you really should look into GAPS. There are several threads on this board and a devoted one on yahoo. It's designed to heal your gut and food allergies go away as a result.
          Thank you for the tip! I don't know much information about it so I will be looking into this right away.

Comment

I used to have allergies in the summer (pollen I guess), but I didn't notice any this summer. I'm still allergic too all the seafood I've ever tried so far. I used to have post-nasal drip when I ate certain foods, but now I don't have that problem. I think my problems were completely gone in about two months.

Comment

Yes, I can mow my lawn without any medication now.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Within 6 months of eating primal, my severe dandruff problem that I have had for 38 years of my life completely disappeared.

I don't know how to express how huge this one thing is for me. But it's HUGE.

Comment

Yep! Environmental & pet allergies are gone since going primal..

But the food allergies are little more sensitive, as others have mentioned.. Can't handle wheats, breads, & general grains like I used to.. Even rice can shake up my stomach..

Comment

Agree w abc on the food allergies. Much more sensitive and learned that a low FODMAPS diet works best for me. Some foods give me crazy stomach pains.

I have major pet, seasonal, dust allergies. They still kick my butt pretty often, but I've noticed a slight decrease.

Comment

Sadly not. I'm just as allergic to animals, hayfever and dust on primal as I was off. The only upside is I'm a lot less congested in general, which I think game from dropping dairy.
                      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

GAPS is the way to go to cure the vast majority of food allergies and many autoimmune issues as well.

Comment

It appears that my seasonal allergies are gone after being on Paleo/Primal at about 90% since March. My sinuses are much clearer than they were before starting to eat this way and I have not had a cold or the flu as of yet. I realize 7 months is a fairly short period of time, but what is most interesting to me is that my wife (who is not primal but eats a pretty clean cw diet including whole grains) has had a couple of colds during this time that did not transfer to me. Time will tell, but it looks like the dietary change has definitely helped.
                          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Originally posted by jpatti View Post
                            GAPS is the way to go to cure the vast majority of food allergies and many autoimmune issues as well.
                            I'm thinking you may be right. I've been primal for over 2 yrs. and my allergies have not gone away. Recently I had a cold and it did not turn into a sinus infection which is a big improvement for me. I'm reluctant to start the GAPS diet but I've started eating more fermented foods; raw goat kefir, raw sauerkraut and more bone broth. If I don't see any improvement I may have to take the plunge and do the GAPS diet.
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

This allergic process can be set in motion while we are in utero. Studies have shown when a mother eats foods she is allergic or sensitive to while pregnant, it increases the likelihood the baby will develop allergies.

Comment

Hi just saw this and YES all of my allergies are gone, first off was always allergic to eggs and always dreamed and craved them, and definitely would eat them, with punishment.
                                Nose stuffed up, immediately everytime!!!! And than would come, the slight chest wheeze, maybe sneeze a few! I attributed and conceded to the allergy tests telling me and docs, i was allergic to eggs, dander, dust, shellfish, smoke,second hand smoke- mom and dad both smoked, and even the pediatrician too. And he had two standard poodles running in his office, while giving me allergy shots!
                                I was allergic to everything, and my parents still got dogs, two of them. I did grow to love them and live with allergies. I ate everything w grains, sandwiches, pasta, breads etc, and never once told to go off of grains, no test ever showed that grains were killing me.
                                I did every type of workout, weightlifting, running, track, judo, boxing, yoga i always wheezed and felt lousy anyway, just accepting i was doing something right! I believe it is called exercise induced asthma- yeah right!
                                Until six months ago, primal blueprint and wheat belly fell into my view. So once again trying to feel better, wigging out turning 50 and feeling like shit even though everyone tells me you look great.
                                Ok, when i had clothes on and a belly for my 5'6 frame @34 waist, Right!
                                I decided to do it after a weekend of boozing, carbing and plain old shit snacks. That was it, monday i am going primal, i declared sunday night.
                                My family was in for a ride and they now are embracing.
                                I am 25 yrs younger and have turned on at least a dozen people onto it, and All of my Allergies are Gone.......
                                Plus all other old age, yeah we need to accept this mentality and drugs, aches and pain and for what?
                                Because we are being lied too.....
                                So go primal, as my cardiologist said to me, you may have the fountain of youth for yourself.
                                Hdl went from 43 on stats and off to 106 primal, trigs-139 down to 67......ldl remained the same-141

So just an overblown excuse to brag about no allergies and common ailments of any age, No More!

Go primal

Comment

Working...
                                X