No announcement yet.

BulletProof Coffee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• likwidoxigen, if you want buttery tasting butter, try ghee, or clarify your own butter. Even the grass fed butter has a lot of milky stuff in it. I can taste the difference when I make bulletproof hot cocoa.

And +1 on the stevia.
    5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

• Has anyone tried bullet proof decaf at night

Comment

• Originally posted by abqandrea View Post
        I am NOT even close to full paleo yet, but working on it and Dave (the bulletproof guy) is getting his scientific little claws into me. Butter = win.
        Not sure what your plan is, but neither coffee nor butter fit any meaningful definition of "paleo", so not sure how bulletproof coffee can get one to that particular destination.

Comment

• in a sad turn of events, when i stopped drinking bulletproof coffee (but remained isocaloric and switched to fish oils) i felt better and got leaner. but fish oil "coffee" is a disgusting idea to me... so looks like I'm back on black coffees. oh well, it was fun while it lasted and it will certainly remain in my repetoire as a treat!
          Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
          Friend me on "The Facebook"
          Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

• Hi all, i have only been on PB for 2 weeks now, having some trouble factoring in carbs for fuel, I am a powerlifter and struggle with heavy workouts on fats, it's like my body simply cant access the energy fast enough. so I have added in more sweet potato and fruit on training days only... my question regarding bulletproof coffee is; Is this an acceptable pre workout option, will it give me energy to get through a tough workout or will it push me further into ketosis? (which I fall into quite quickly) thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goombi View Post
              Have been drinking a cup every morning. Works great in conjunction with IF. Live in Canada, so the only stuff we get is Organic Valley. Really wish we could import Kerrygold
              I cannot fathom how this works in conjunction with IF? You are taking in a fair amount of calories, it HAS to be breaking your fast.
              Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Your body continues in ketosis because all you are consuming is fat, no protein or carbs. It does work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Understood View Post
                  Your body continues in ketosis because all you are consuming is fat, no protein or carbs. It does work.
                  Interesting indeed, thanks!
                  Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• I just "went Primal" a couple of weeks ago and have heard references to "Bulletproof Coffee" but had no idea what it was referring to. Now I know. I think that I must try this - after a few more weeks have passed. I tried a 1/4 cup of coconut cream the other day in which I had melted 2 squares of 92% dark chocolate and while that was yummy, my stomach did complain. I think my system is still adjusting to the sudden influx of fat after 52 years of other stuff. I've been using a lot of coconut oil/cream/milk in other things without a problem.

I just need to find some good coffee to try this with - I already have the Kerrygold butter and coconut oil

Comment

• If I do a 36 hour fast once a week, Is it worth it to have some BP coffee on the morning of that day?

Comment

• Butter DOES matter!

The reason I recommend butter is it's 5% (give or take) butyric acid which calms inflammation in the gut and brain. It won't work as well if you use only coconut oil, for instance. I've tried!

-Dave (the inventor of this joy juice!)

Originally posted by jsa23 View Post
                        One note worth adding is that the proposed mechanism for this is that one's fat/sugar burning ratio is determined in part by insulin/blood glucose levels - this happens to trend more towards fat burning the longer you fast. Part of the premise behind using pure fats(as opposed to cream, which contains some low level of protein and carbs) is that there's no associated insulin/blood sugar response, and as a result the body maintains its fat-burning metabolism charactaristic of the fasted state. Anything that produces an insulin reponse would blunt this effect somewhat(at least in theory).

The butter really is just a fat source that happens to be delicious, and could be replaced by another good fat source with the same effect, so long as no carbohydrates or protein are involved.

Comment

• Dave, is the butyric acid in the fat part of the butter or in the milky part? I clarify the butter and throw the milky stuff out.

It's pretty funny that butyric acid calms the gut. Isn't butyric acid that horrible-smelling stuff from chem lab? The smell made me nauseous.

That said, I haven't really had BP for a while. It seems like too much work to make and clean up after. I'm really petite and I can't afford the calories. I just eat salted butter for a snack now.
                          5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

• Originally posted by bulletproofexec View Post
                            The reason I recommend butter is it's 5% (give or take) butyric acid which calms inflammation in the gut and brain. It won't work as well if you use only coconut oil, for instance. I've tried!

-Dave (the inventor of this joy juice!)
                            Yep, and it also deflates and shrinks your brain with almost 50%!!! Awesome stuff, best invention since the invention of snake oil...
                            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Molecular effects of butyric acid ( and ) included a dose dependent inhibition of generation of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) with IC50 value of 5 uM.

---Bharathi.P. Salimath, Ph.D. Arshiya Tabassum,Anupama E.G.,Bindumalini,Preeti G.B.,Paramahans.V. Salimath, Ph.D.
                              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                                Molecular effects of butyric acid ( and ) included a dose dependent inhibition of generation of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) with IC50 value of 5 uM.

---Bharathi.P. Salimath, Ph.D. Arshiya Tabassum,Anupama E.G.,Bindumalini,Preeti G.B.,Paramahans.V. Salimath, Ph.D.
                                Soooo, you like BP Coffee or you don't????

Comment

Working...
                                X