No announcement yet.

BulletProof Coffee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna try a littel cinnamon in the blender tomorrow morning.

Comment

• I wonder if lemon zest would be good, too.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by bulletproofexec View Post
        I'm stoked you found the chocolate hack for the coffee! Make sure you use Lindt 90%
        Awesome, I *love* Lindt90. I've thrown a square or 2 of Lindt 90 into mine as a "change of pace" and it's nice when you do start to get tired of the taste of "regular" BPC. Only problem is that I like Lindt 90 so much by itself that I'm hesistant to throw it in the blender sometimes. Dilemmas, dilemmas...
        Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
        Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          Hey bulletproofexec I have been doing the bulletproof coffee for breakfast then I go to work and on Tuesday and Thursday I have a one-hour core fitness class but don't feel hungry before it and don't feel weak during it. Then after the class I eat my lunch (or on days when there's no class I eat around 1 or 2). I've been eating a high-protein lunch of mostly canned fish. I have lost some weight in the last 2 weeks, enough that people have noticed. It's a totally easier way to fast than to eat nothing at all.

P.S. I put a little unsweetened chocolate in the coffee. Since I use ghee instead of butter, the chocolate helps keep the oils suspended better and tastes pretty good, too.
          All excellent suggestions sbhikes--will try cocoa instead as I have no chocolate. Think it will work?
          The canned fish first meal of the day rules, doesn't it? I've been mixing bulletproof coffee in the am, sardines in olive oil mixed with hot sauce and thrown over organic greens for lunch which sets me up pretty much for the day. I've dropped a pants size since starting the BPC and fish thing--

Comment

• Yeah, the coffee + fish thing totally rocks. I can't believe I just stumbled upon it by accident.

Today I did coffee and duck bone, wakame and shitake broth We'll see if that works, too. I'm thinking it's not nearly as good as sardines.

Comment

• Just tried this for the first time this morning. Daaaaaannnnnggg that's good!

Now I gotta figure out how to take it with me when I backpack. Hmmmmm....I usually take Via Coffee packets with me, but what to use for the butter & coconut oil? Neither will last long on the trail. Thoughts?
              Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
              Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
              Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Comment

• I cannot tell you how depressed I am after watching your video and getting an intro to mycotoxins. I've been working so hard on choosing foods wisely and it seems I was probably wasting my time.

I'm trying to turn my frown upside down by thinking that maybe with the information you shared, I can find a way to lose the 15 lbs. of love handles that weren't shifted by the leptin reset and paleo diet of the last five months. But I'm tired. After watching, I emptied my fridge of hazelnut flour, almond flour (still unopened), pecan pieces... I hadn't touched them in months, and now I'm revolted by them.

I don't blame anyone who just wants to get a prescription for something, anything, and feel better without having to do the work and make the sacrifices that it actually requires to get healthy. Especially when the experts don't agree. Fish oil, essential or detrimental? Iodine, wonder cure or gasoline on the fire? If I could eat the internal organs of animals I'd be all set. Um, yay.

Comment

• Originally posted by missblue View Post
                  All excellent suggestions sbhikes--will try cocoa instead as I have no chocolate. Think it will work?
                  I use ALL cocoa powder in my bp cocoa (not chocolate), so yes it should work fine. I do add a zip of stevia extract, but it's not necessary. I alternate between adding cinnamon, vanilla extract, and mint.
                  5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmapags View Post
                    Gonna try a littel cinnamon in the blender tomorrow morning.
                    Much more flavorful if you put it right in with the coffee grounds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elthea View Post
                      I cannot tell you how depressed I am after watching your video and getting an intro to mycotoxins. I've been working so hard on choosing foods wisely and it seems I was probably wasting my time.

I'm trying to turn my frown upside down by thinking that maybe with the information you shared, I can find a way to lose the 15 lbs. of love handles that weren't shifted by the leptin reset and paleo diet of the last five months. But I'm tired. After watching, I emptied my fridge of hazelnut flour, almond flour (still unopened), pecan pieces... I hadn't touched them in months, and now I'm revolted by them.

I don't blame anyone who just wants to get a prescription for something, anything, and feel better without having to do the work and make the sacrifices that it actually requires to get healthy. Especially when the experts don't agree. Fish oil, essential or detrimental? Iodine, wonder cure or gasoline on the fire? If I could eat the internal organs of animals I'd be all set. Um, yay.
                      Oh no... I don't think I should watch this. It's like you just can't win.

Comment

• Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                        Oh no... I don't think I should watch this. It's like you just can't win.
                        Oh no, healthy11, don't let my temporary downheartedness stop you from checking out what could be crucial information. My immunity defenses are low, so I caught a cold, and it would have been much better for me to go take a nap and feel better than to roll out the dismals on the forum. BulletProof Exec has clearly done a lot of research and has his own journey to share. You just might find some answers in a place where you weren't even asking the right questions.

Comment

• I tried the egg yolk hack. Dropped an egg yolk in the blender with the coffee, coconut oil and ghee. Tastes great and stays mixed nicely. By boyfriend called it "bombproof coffee."

Comment

I cannot tell you how depressed I am after watching your video and getting an intro to mycotoxins. I've been working so hard on choosing foods wisely and it seems I was probably wasting my time.

Sorry but getting a prescription for something to feel better without doing any work or sacrificing anything is a weak way out. Most people who are unhealthy got that way because they didn't take care of themselves for a very long time. Now they want a miracle? We must take control of our lives and do what it takes to be healthy. I am my own doctor and I haven't spent one penny on doctors or medications of any kind in the last 20 years. Not one penny! I don't have so much as an asprin in my house. Nothing is certain in life to be sure. But you greatly tilt things in your favor when you take full responsibility for your own health.

I'm not saying that you are running off to get whatever drug. I just wanted to comment on that line of thinking. It's not directed at anyone in particular.

Comment

• I'm fully converted to bullet proof coffee... for a while I was using the Primal coconut crack creamer...then slowly xchanged it for the ghee and co - the past two days I went back to the Coconut crack cream... no where near as good...

If I remember tomorrow I'm going to throw in some raw cacao poweder into my blender when I whip up my 1 cup!
                              The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                              What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                              SW 190lb
                              Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                              25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                              1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                              GW ~135lbs
                              5'3"
                              Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

Don't be depressed...

Use it as motivation to always keep learning and become more informed. Don't beat yourself up for making what you *thought* was the best choice with the information you had at the time -- that's the BEST anyone can do.

Life is a journey, an exploration, an always learning endeavor. Probably one of the best things about MDA/PB is that it made me realize that the whole diet/exercise/health/wellness thing is no different.
                                Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
                                Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

Working...
                                X