BulletProof Coffee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I used to be like that, but I've been slowly weaning myself onto coconut milk versus heavy cream. Now I have a few Tbsp of coconut oil in my coffee every morning and I love it.
    you see, betty?

this is the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by dado View Post
      No, we are all sane, you're just weird.

It's the most delicious drink in the universe.

:-P
      lol

Comment

• Nope, love it all other ways, love coconut milk and coconut oil,but not in my drinks. I guess I am hopeless that way! lol

Comment

• I have never heard of such a thing.....bulletproof coffee. I ended my love affair with Starbucks last Summer on the advice of a doctor at Cleveland Clinic. If I was to kick the coffee habit, I needed something to substitute for a hot beverage in the mornings. While doing research for cleansing herbs for the liver, I discovered "dandelion" which has some wonder healing and cleansing properties. To my elation, I discovered "DandyBlend" as a substitute for my coffee lust. It is an instant beverage and the chicory really gives it a wonderful flavor. I add some almond milk and it is absolutely delightful. It is a better option for my health than drinking coffee. I am still learning about Primal Blueprint and all that figures in with this lifestyle. I will share the link. Perhaps, some well informed members can give their thoughts on its use. Have a great night.

Dandy Blend Instant Herbal Coffee Substitute

Comment

• I use MCT oil and unsalted butter and it gets a great toasted flavor, even my kids love it (but don't get to drink one )

Comment

• Originally posted by AphroditeByDesign View Post
              I have never heard of such a thing.....bulletproof coffee. I ended my love affair with Starbucks last Summer on the advice of a doctor at Cleveland Clinic. If I was to kick the coffee habit, I needed something to substitute for a hot beverage in the mornings. While doing research for cleansing herbs for the liver, I discovered "dandelion" which has some wonder healing and cleansing properties. To my elation, I discovered "DandyBlend" as a substitute for my coffee lust. It is an instant beverage and the chicory really gives it a wonderful flavor. I add some almond milk and it is absolutely delightful. It is a better option for my health than drinking coffee. I am still learning about Primal Blueprint and all that figures in with this lifestyle. I will share the link. Perhaps, some well informed members can give their thoughts on its use. Have a great night.

what? what is this?

no, you have a great night.

Comment

• Betty, you may want to try it with just the butter and no coconut oil. I've started using ghee.

I generally make bulletproof hot cocoa:
                2 tbl grass-fed unsalted ghee
                1/2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
                1 teabag mint herbal tea (optional)
                1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
                1/16 teaspoon (or drops) stevia extract
                10 oz water

Boil the water in a big mug. Meanwhile, assemble the other ingredients in a bowl. Pour the water over the ingredients and let it melt. Take out the teabag. Blend with a hand blender until it foams a little. Pour back into the mug. Enjoy.
                5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

I have never heard of such a thing.....bulletproof coffee. I ended my love affair with Starbucks last Summer on the advice of a doctor at Cleveland Clinic. If I was to kick the coffee habit, I needed something to substitute for a hot beverage in the mornings. While doing research for cleansing herbs for the liver, I discovered "dandelion" which has some wonder healing and cleansing properties. To my elation, I discovered "DandyBlend" as a substitute for my coffee lust. It is an instant beverage and the chicory really gives it a wonderful flavor. I add some almond milk and it is absolutely delightful. It is a better option for my health than drinking coffee. I am still learning about Primal Blueprint and all that figures in with this lifestyle. I will share the link. Perhaps, some well informed members can give their thoughts on its use. Have a great night.
                  I have some Dandy Blend and the first time I made it I didn't like it, but maybe I didn't make it right. I wonder how bulletproof dandy blend would taste.

Comment

If you don't mind my asking, was this in response to a specific health issue?
                    Lifting Journal

Comment

• Hey Mr Bulletproof.
                      I found this MCT oil avail in Aus (the one you link to is out of stock) Does this look OK?
                      Melrose MCT oil - FourBody Health & Sports

Or am I still getting the benefits if I use coconut oil?

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• I tried bulletproof yerba mate. I liked it but wasn't entirely sold. Though, I'm going to try it again once I get my hands on some grass-fed ghee.
                          A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• I made some bulletproof coffee this morning, but with only one Tbsp. coconut oil and one Tbsp. Kerrygold butter. I used the salted kind because that's what I had, and it was delicious anyway. However, it only kept me full for about 1 hour, and then I was hungry for some actual breakfast. I'm guessing those of you who drink this with a lot more fat in it don't eat anything until lunchtime?
                            28, female, 5'2"
                            Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
                            1/12/12: 135 lbs.
                            Goal: 120 lbs.

Comment

• Oh my goshhh I just tried this this weekend. Amazing. My boyfriend thinks it's the weirdest thing ever.
                              I want to get some good quality ghee to put in it, but for now I'm really happy I've found something I love more than Starbucks with cream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla View Post
                                I made some bulletproof coffee this morning, but with only one Tbsp. coconut oil and one Tbsp. Kerrygold butter. I used the salted kind because that's what I had, and it was delicious anyway. However, it only kept me full for about 1 hour, and then I was hungry for some actual breakfast. I'm guessing those of you who drink this with a lot more fat in it don't eat anything until lunchtime?
                                I havent had BP coffee in a few weeks but after finding this thread I drank it daily for about 2 weeks and I loved it! Like you, I only used 1 T coconut oil and 1.5 T pasture butter. I usually had it right when I woke up and then as I finished it would make a smallish high-protein breakfast (usually 2 fried eggs with a piece of breakfast sausage). The combination of fat and protein kept me going strong all morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X