BulletProof Coffee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know this guy is big on little toxins and grass-fed,

but has anyone tried regular unsalted butter with (oh shit) regular coffee and coconut oil?

i have. it tasted delicious. and i felt great. delicious drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by dado View Post
      i know this guy is big on little toxins and grass-fed,

but has anyone tried regular unsalted butter with (oh shit) regular coffee and coconut oil?

Regular coffee, like instant?
      I just buy fairtrade organic beans from the supermarket (although now ive found a better place to buy, I want to avoid the supermarket like the plague) and use coconut oil, and regular cultured unsalted butter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
        Regular coffee, like instant?
        I just buy fairtrade organic beans from the supermarket (although now ive found a better place to buy, I want to avoid the supermarket like the plague) and use coconut oil, and regular cultured unsalted butter.
        not instant, just regular stuff.

Comment

• I wouldn't think it would be the worst thing to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
            I wouldn't think it would be the worst thing to do
            it's not, it's delicious.

really, really good. really good.

Comment

• Damn! I resisted this until now because I knew it would be yucky. It sounds yucky and besides, I didn't have any unsalted butter in the house when I first read the thread.

So this morning I had unsalted butter and for some reason decided to give it a try. Damn! It's TASTY! I used refined coconut oil (Tropical Traditions) instead of the stuff he's trying to sell and whipped it up in my Vitamix. Now to see if it's the high-energy rocket fuel he promises, but even if not - damn, it's GOOD!

Comment

• Blending it makes all the difference. I've tried coconut oil in my coffee before, and no matter how you stir it, it's just a layer on top and yuck and gross. Blended, it's perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by dado View Post
                  i know this guy is big on little toxins and grass-fed,

I bought the coffee from his site, just to see. I think it is expensive but very high quality. I found that I had much less jittery feeling even if I drank a fair amount. So I ordered more, but I am investigating other sources too.

I am not totally convinced about the Mold, but I am open to the idea that he is on to something.

Much in the same way you would pay more for grass-fed beef or wild fish, you have to decide whether it is worth paying more for something prepared in a certain way. I think whether you use mold-free beans vs whether you consume "bullet proof" coffee are two separate (but related) decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                    My husband's coffee shop uses Goshen organic coffee, made in Illinois/St. Louis. They do ship, and a wee bit pricey, but oh my god, I hadn't had real coffee before Goshen. Their "Bona Fide" is just like heaven. Goshen Coffee Company
                    Thank you for the website link. I contacted them and they said that most of their coffees are wet-processed. Order coming soon
                    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                      Barefoot Coffee — Welcome

If you live in the South Bay, this is as good as it gets. Awesome coffee. You can get it at Whole Foods, but it's fresher if you get it at their cafe.
                      Wow, their bags are $20! The Brazilian one is dry-processed, which means there was a lot of time for the beans to go bad/get moldy, so I would have to buy another country's blend. Maybe I should just save this place for coffee trips when I'm too lazy to use my french press xD

Comment

• I tried this today with 2 tbs. of kerrigold unsalted, @ 1 Tbs. coconut oil, coffee. I blended it in my vitamix. Yuck! I added some vanilla and peppermint extract, just a tad and okay, but not great. I finally added some stevia, but still not great. I guess we are all different.

Comment

• Originally posted by betty74 View Post
                          I tried this today with 2 tbs. of kerrigold unsalted, @ 1 Tbs. coconut oil, coffee. I blended it in my vitamix. Yuck! I added some vanilla and peppermint extract, just a tad and okay, but not great. I finally added some stevia, but still not great. I guess we are all different.
                          No, we are all sane, you're just weird.

It's the most delicious drink in the universe.

:-P

Comment

• Wish I could have liked it, but nope! Maybe with tasteless coconut oil. I love coconut oil for cooking, desserts, etc, but I just can't stand the taste in beverages.

Comment

Wish I could have liked it, but nope! Maybe with tasteless coconut oil. I love coconut oil for cooking, desserts, etc, but I just can't stand the taste in beverages.
                              i don't know.

you disappoint me.

Comment

Wish I could have liked it, but nope! Maybe with tasteless coconut oil. I love coconut oil for cooking, desserts, etc, but I just can't stand the taste in beverages.
                                I used to be like that, but I've been slowly weaning myself onto coconut milk versus heavy cream. Now I have a few Tbsp of coconut oil in my coffee every morning and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X