No announcement yet.

How do you track your Omega breakdown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you track your Omega breakdown?

I switched to Primal and 2 months ago and I think it suites me better than other lifestyles. I was watching my food intake for 4+ years and I am pretty tired of doing it. It sounded that there was no need to do it with Primal but then I read Mark answering a question on O3:O6 break down and wonder if I need to start entering my food into some kind of food calculator again. What do you people do to make sure your
    food is balanced, etc? thanks much!

get the hell outta here, i don't count omega nothin'.

Comment

I like using Nutritiondata because it's very detailed. Track your progress for a week and evaluate to see if you need tweaks.
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

If I eat poultry or pork, I will double my fish oil caps for the day. Usually that looks like two before breakfast and two before dinner, as opposed to 1 / 1 on normal days.

Comment

thank you, Sakura_girl! Something tells me we are going to be friends!

Comment

Thank you, raney - I don't have fish oil, I should get that soon-ish! :P

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by euggen View Post
                thank you, Sakura_girl! Something tells me we are going to be friends!
                Anytime

And dado: I think you oversimplified the problem lol
                My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Just eat fish several times a week and minimise your omega-6 intake from all sources

BTW, taking extra fish oil if you've had extra O-6 can be counterproductive as both PUFAs are easily oxidised. It is best to minimise PUFA overall, favouring animal sources of O-3 over any other PUFA
                  Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I don't. I select beef, lamb, goat and venison(ruminnants) over poultry and pork when practical but don't stress about it. I then try to eat 1-2 big servings of salmon and 12-24 pastured eggs a week. I also use the carlsons fish oil supplement because some weeks are 3 chickens or a turkey week with a few pork chops thrown in.
                    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                      Anytime

And dado: I think you oversimplified the problem lol
                      lol... you're alright.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                        are you implying that I am OCD?
                        I bet you were afraid of math in school...

Comment

are you implying that I am OCD?
                          I bet you were afraid of math in school...
                          Petrified.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                            Petrified.
                            figures. Numbers R Us

Comment

figures. Numbers R Us
                              But I turned this fear into a passion and ended up earning a BSME.

Now run along and get back to micromanaging your omega ratio; I'm not risking the remaining hairs on my head for such trivial bullshit unless my life depends on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X