Protein powder measurements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein powder measurements

Hi, my jar of protein powder says one serving is a "rounded scoop" or 32 grams. I want something more precise - does anyone know how many grams are in one even tablespoon?

It didn't come with a plastic scoop thing?

What are you worried about, 31.6 grams versus 33.7? Why?

SWPL, precise measurement of whey protein.

Comment

different powders are different anyway.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

If you can forget powders and eat real protein. If you find its difficult to eat, slowly build your portion size up.

Comment

Grams is weight. Tablespoons is volume. <-----bad grammar.

Comment

figure out how many tablespoons go into a scoop and divide?
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

None of this was helpful.. it didn't come with a scoop. Tablespoon measurements are too variable and I supplement with protein powder for the same reason many others do: to make sure I get plenty of protein when I don't feel like cooking a steak for breakfast every day.

But I don't want to overdo it either because I don't know what "a heaping scoop" is! Does ANYone have any experience in measuring protein powders?!

Comment

THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT! There is NO standard scoop size. Different companies, different scoops. Different types of supplements from the same company may have different concentrations and different scoops.

It *might* help is you say what brand and what type (specific NAME) of the supplement.

Comment

Originally posted by innadoom View Post
                  None of this was helpful.. it didn't come with a scoop. Tablespoon measurements are too variable and I supplement with protein powder for the same reason many others do: to make sure I get plenty of protein when I don't feel like cooking a steak for breakfast every day.

But I don't want to overdo it either because I don't know what "a heaping scoop" is! Does ANYone have any experience in measuring protein powders?!
                  It did come with a scoop you just haven't found it yet. Guaranteed.

Find the scoop and fill it. It might not be exact but it will be close enough that it will make no real world difference. If you are worried about it further get a food scale.

Comment

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post

Find the scoop and fill it. It might not be exact but it will be close enough that it will make no real world difference. If you are worried about it further get a food scale.
                    +1
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post

Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                      +1
                      +2 Just get a long utensil and dig around. It's in there.
                      $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Uh oh, is someone doing the leptin reset?
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

...can't you weigh the amount that fits in your tablespoon?

Over here, a tablespoon is 1 oz-ish which is 25g-ish-ish. But yeah, a weight/volume comparison doesn't really work.

Comment

OP, Rly?

I gotta take a break from this place.
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

The answers are not helpful because the question is actually impossible to answer.

Different substances have different weights (masses).

So if you had a teaspoon of feathers, it would weigh under one gram. If you had a teaspoon of gold, it would probably be more than 50 grams.
                              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Working...
                              X