No announcement yet.

Anyone use a Pressure Cooker???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my pressure cooker for saving time and I use it fairly often - nothing beats it for convenience. However, I will say that flavor wise nothing beats properly browned meat that is then cooked long and slow in a heavy dutch oven.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I have an all electric house and cooking low and slow is expensive. The pressure cooker cuts a lot of time so I save on energy and have really good eats.

Comment

I wonder how a crock pot compares in electricity usage.

Comment

Originally posted by tradawg View Post
          To each his own, but I wouldn't use a pressure cooker. They use high temperature and high pressure, which results in denatured proteins and can damage vitamins. Slow and steady wins the race!
          I thought I had heard something about how it damages "something"!. I just cant seem to find it when I google on the internet so I thought it was just a "story" going around.

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
            I wonder how a crock pot compares in electricity usage.
            A crock pot is 110 but an electric stove is 220. So a crock pot is fine but a pressure cooker is even better. Instead of 8 hours I cook for 35 minutes.

Comment

Working...
            X