No announcement yet.

Molasses is very nutritious

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the purpose of the baking soda? I'm prone to cramps during intense climbing or motocross...
    Yep, it's the leg work for me, too. I tried it on a whim, then looked it up later. Apparently, it pulls the acid from your muscles by alkalizing the bloodstream, so best taken while or just after the hard workout, or when cramps are present. Most sources say the max dose lies somewhere between 3 and 4 teaspoons for an adult. Don't take it if you've eaten, it will neutralize your stomach acid = constipation and wasted food!
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Just did a climbing competition yesterday and had some cramps at the end.

Comment

So this stuff is great, a bit weird at first but I make this in the morning:

Green tea with diatomaceous earth and a spoonful of BSM.

Wakes me right up, never need coffee, and is way cheaper than coffee. Awesome.

Only 15g of carbs
        "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

Comment

Originally posted by highaerials36 View Post
          Green tea with diatomaceous earth and a spoonful of BSM.

Wakes me right up, never need coffee, and is way cheaper than coffee. Awesome.

Only 15g of carbs
          Is that stuff safe to ingest or are you kidding? It would never pass my lips thats for sure!
          I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
            Instead of creating a new post, I'm resurrecting this zombie thread to say "Hurrah for molasses!".
            I'm going to do the same. On a whim tonight, I added a tablespoon of some blackstrap molasses in my beef/vegetable soup. It added a great flavor in the background. The wife even commented that it was better than usual but I refused to say what I did differently. Hurrah for molasses!

Comment

Molasses kills.

Molasses Disaster, Boston, Mass., 1919 - a set on Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X