cod liver oil nausea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cod liver oil nausea

Ew, my fermented cod liver oil caps arrived through the mail, but.... I feel sick after I take them!

If I take them at night, I'm nauseous all night, and still feel slightly nauseated in the morning...

I know 100% that's what's doing it, because I've been feeling GREAT otherwise.

I googled 'cod liver oil nausea' and apparently it's a common symptom!
    Does this mean my body is saying it doesn't want or need it?

Or, is it just a gut 'reaction' and should I try and work through it?
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Do you have a problem with regular fish oil? You might try getting some carlsons fish oil and see if you have the same problems.

Also, how much are you taking?
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Comment

Just one capsule, once a day... so less than the stated dose.

It doesn't help that the capsules are so large, I can't get em down though!!! Gag reflex. ugh! I never thought of that before I purchased! Now I'm facing the possibility of having to pierce the capsule and squeeze the oil out and take it neat. Bleugh.

I'm not having much luck with CLO at all...
      Last edited by thaijinx; 11-19-2011, 02:55 AM.
      “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

All oil makes me nauseous when by taken alone without food. I've found if I take it with a little apple cider vinegar mixed with water i don't get the queasy tummy.

Comment

don't take it on an empty stomach in the morning. i have gotten sick doing this.

Comment

I actually took my pill with food, so no empty stomach! Will try the ACV, camel, thanks for the tip.

Comment

If the ACV doesn't work, either find a different kind (I like the fermented cod liver/butter oil cinnamon gel) or stop taking it. Trust your body, it knows what it needs.
              $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Hurrah, the ACV worked! Thanks camel!

Comment

Working...
                X