No announcement yet.

Good Guys and Bad Guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I've seen a lot of new people come in with "But rice! But Asian cultures!" lately and overall. It's an understandable rut point, where people get stuck in a rut about the grain that doesn't seem SO BAD. But to them I say, do your own research.
    Depression Lies

Comment

I came to a resolution to use common sense and not get so caught up in stuff. Everyone knows what they are supposed to eat. Stay away from processed food and fast food. Eat your vegetables, meats and good fats. Will occasional rice in moderation kill or cause any damage, NO. Will even occasional slice of good bread from a bakery made from whole ingredients kill you and cause any damage, NO. Will things like buckwheat, quinoa, or potatoes kill or or harm you too much, NO (or at least I think so). Just don't make them a staple (but even if you do, you will probably be fine). This is of course only suitable for a healthy people who don't need to loose weight. Most people go on paleo diet is because they need to lose weight or because they have some disease like diabetes that can be managed with paleo instead of pills. For those cases, the dietary requirements might be very different and very specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        Can't eat spinach raw. Oxalates. And meat has parasites. Even wild water shouldn't be drank raw. We cook for a reason. Cook your food.
        I consume all of these things raw, and have since I was a child. Healthy as a freakin' horse.

Comment

Will even occasional slice of good bread from a bakery made from whole ingredients kill you and cause any damage, NO. Will things like buckwheat, quinoa, or potatoes kill or or harm you too much, NO (or at least I think so).

This is exactly why a lot of people eat them year in year out and at age ~40 ish the degenerative diseases start.
          A lot of foods that are bad from an evolutionary stand point...but only WE (the primal, caveman folks) know this and so we are catching up on our health early (let's hope) and not let things get that far. I agree with you completely.

People just don't have any common sense. Why don't we grind down apple seeds and make them into flour. Or plum seeds, pear seeds, or grind up pumpkin seeds (oh wait, do they do that?).
          I've been told that giving apple seeds to a small child will cause kidney failure from the poison. (not sure if true)

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, just wanted to get my thoughts out.

Comment

Working...
          X