Snacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Totally not stomach-able the first time around lol. Especially since she seems to have a pretty sensitive stomach.

I would second the recommendation of upping the carbs a touch. Or eat more protein.
    I really like coconut milk, and despite having a sensitive stomach I've actually been able to drink about 4 oz of it as well as 1 TBS of coconut oil in the protein shakes I was drinking for breakfast since eggs have suddenly started causing really bad stomach aches. I've since learned that protein shakes probably aren't the best option, but for me they're the best way to get in the amount of protein I need to eat until I can get back to eating eggs again. I could easily drink more coconut milk. I'm surprised I didn't think of that as an option until you brought it up.

Comment

I'm hitting right around 1400 to 1600 a day right now, and it seems to be pretty much perfect for feeling good and losing weight. It did take a while for it to feel right though. At first I felt like I was eating WAY too much food (another long time dieter here) and I struggled to get up to even 1100 or 1200. Then everything started tasting fantastic so suddenly I was scarfing down over 2000 calories a day and maintaining instead of losing weight. It's really clicked in the last few weeks, and two or three meals fits it in nicely. That said, I still have a harder time having breakfast be high calorie, so a lot of the time I just let breakfast do its thing, eat what I can, and then have a bigger dinner.

Snacking can be tricky when you're trying to lose weight or get lean, but if you're going to, a lot of people recommend having your snack after a workout. I'm thinking more coconut milk smoothie type things would fit nicely there.

Comment

Working...
      X