green juice and coconut oil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green juice and coconut oil?

I know a lot of folks on here don't juice, and I hear the arguments against it, the lack of fiber, the insulin spike afterwards, etc, and I think they are very valid points. However, I still like to start my day off with a green juice - greens, cabbage, herbs - but no fruit (maybe a little lime juice). I believe - to get the most of the nutritional enzymes it should be taken on an empty stomach, preferably first thing in the morning.

However, having read about the benefits of starting the day off with coconut oil (and I like coconut milk too), I'm now torn about which I should start my morning with... green juice or coconut milk/oil.

Does it matter which I take first?

Can I take them together? (my thinking being that the oil and fat will hen somewhat lessen the insulin spike from the green juice)

Thoughts please.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Instead of juicing, add whole veggies to blender with coconut oil and ice. You'll also absorb some nutrients better with added fat.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
      Instead of juicing, add whole veggies to blender with coconut oil and ice. You'll also absorb some nutrients better with added fat.
      And it would taste better.

Comment

Coconut oil in smoothies tastes geat! I like to add ice too.

Comment

OK, hypothetically, if I were to juice...

Could I consume that juice together with coconut oil/milk?
          Or would it be better to separate their intake?
          If so, which one is best to consume first?
          And how long to wait until consuming the second?
          “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

Sure, just stir the oil or milk into your juice. I don't think it matters much if you are consuming them one after another; it will all dwell in your stomach for the first 2-3 hours of digestion anyway.
            | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Yep, you're overthinking the whole timing issue. Relax and enjoy.

Comment

Put de lime in the coconut, drink them both together,
                Put de lime in the coconut, then you feel better,
                Put de lime in the coconut, drink them both up,
                Put de lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  Yep, you're overthinking the whole timing issue. Relax and enjoy.
                  I tend to over-think everything Paleobrid. I wish I didn't...

Comment

Working...
                  X