No announcement yet.

Is it the dairy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to HATE black coffee. Now it is all I drink. Sure, it tastes better with cream but I don't mind the black at all. Do you already use fresh ground coffee? I found that made a huge difference in enjoying it black - use some of the $ you will be saving on cream to buy a good quality whole bean coffee and grind it

Comment

Bulletproof Coffee!!!!
      Recipe: How to Make Your Coffee Bulletproof...And Your Morning Too | The Bulletproof Executive

Comment

It's been two weeks. Get off your scale and let your body heal for another month or so before you start deciding you need to make changes.

Comment

Hi there, I'm the guy who created Bulletproof Coffee, referred to above. I also created The Bulletproof Diet, an infographic which shows you how to minimize pretty much every toxin from your diet. Most people tolerate grass fed butter well and it's awesome (unsalted) in coffee, but a few people I coach do better on ghee.

My top coaching client lost 75 lbs in 75 days using Bulletproof Coffee. I'm not kidding, and I'm not really in this to make a buck - I'm an executive at a big software company who just got tired of being fat and having a slow brain about 15 years ago. I finally wrote it all down. First book is out soon.

BTW, I'm a big fan of Mark's Daily Apple. I appreciate all the energy here!

Comment

thanks for the link
            Yep ill stop being so impatient and just forget about the scale, thanks everyone

Comment

omg! Delicious!

Comment

So timely for me. I have been using coconut milk and vanilla in my coffee, and last week I switched to local whole cream bc it's cheaper. I get through about a half cup of coffee and then I just cant drink it. I get all burpy and nauseous. No bueno.
                http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

Comment

About two months into my Primal journey I discovered that mixing whey protein with 2% milk made me gassy and nauseated to the extreme. I had to switch to water with my whey (to be accurate, I don't even have whey anymore. It's just sitting in my pantry taking up space). The only milk I have nowadays is in my once-a-month ice cream treat, which causes me no problems at all. Zero. I think for some reason the milk with all that protein was the thing that pushed me over the edge into wanna-puke land.
                  2011 - The year I went Primal
                  Start weight: 198 / Waist: 32"
                  CW: 158.5 / Waist: 28"
                  GW: 145-ish
                  Supplements: Calcium and O-3 in AM. Natural Calm, Valerian Root Extract and sublingual Melatonin in PM (for lifelong chronic insomnia).

Comment

I have an espresso coffee maker and love lattes but lately I've been using unsweetened almond milk which tastes fabulous and has only 2 carbs (but unfortunately no fat, only 40 calories/cup) but it tastes wonderful. After reading about "bulletproof coffee" (grass-fed unsalted butter in coffee) on this blog, I will definitely give that and HF coconut milk a try to boost the good fat content in my coffee.
                    Last edited by Npstevie; 11-30-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I've been primal for several years and have barely lost weight but continue to lean out. Don't fret the numbers so much.

Comment

The dairy seems to have been a problem.
                        I went to a naturopath yesterday who said I had candida in my gut which I suspected due to having a lot of the symptoms. She has given me something to kill them off and some good bacteria as well. I already feel less bloated this morning.
                        Dairy feeds candida, so she did tell me to avoid it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                          The dairy seems to have been a problem.
                          I went to a naturopath yesterday who said I had candida in my gut which I suspected due to having a lot of the symptoms. She has given me something to kill them off and some good bacteria as well. I already feel less bloated this morning.
                          Dairy feeds candida, so she did tell me to avoid it anyway.
                          I didn't know dairy fed candida, but it makes sense as lactose is a form of sugar! I still eat cheese and double cream... My naturopath said I could keep doing it, but I'll def remember this when I hit a stall. I often bloat... Maybe this is why.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                            omg! Delicious!
                            I am so going to try that
                            Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                            Harold Whitman

Comment

Seriously, butter + coffee = win!!

Comment

Working...
                              X