Fruit. Evil, evil fruit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit. Evil, evil fruit.

Dang it, I think that fruit has become my new sugar. I crave fruit, and I eat too damn much of it, and I eat it when I'm not even hungry. Argh.

(Still worlds better than eating too much damn chocolate. Still. Argh.)

Just needed to say "Argh."

Argh.
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Well, like you say, it is better than eating too many twix bars.

Comment

Been there. I'm pretty bad because I'm a confirmed sugarholic. I would go to the farmers market and finish a pint of blueberries before checking out! Then I'd have my second pint on my way home! I have to literally eliminate when I am getting out of control. At least now I only get out of control with fruit instead of with every sweet thing there is.
      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Cold turkey? They don't give you that many nutrients that you can get in other foods anyway.
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Yes I go cold turkey, its the only thing that works for me...I can upramp slowly but not downramp. It must be hard and fast. Just like I can get up 10 mins later every day and eventually I'm getting up an hour later... then I'll go boom and wake up 2 hours earlier and start all over again.

I don't think fruit is necessary for our health. Fruit is not always in season if you think about it. I will add it back when its a good idea for my goals and psycologically. I actually had half an apple yesterday with no ill will, restraint I might not have had 3 weeks ago.
          Primal since March 2011

Comment

What's wrong with fruit? How much fruit are you eating? What are you goals?
            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
              What's wrong with fruit? How much fruit are you eating? What are you goals?
              his subconscious goal is to eat a lot of fruit

Comment

nothing wrong with fruit shoot i just baked a lowfat coffee cake made with a blueberry jam with 2 cups of berries, stevia and some tapioca flour and added it to the middle of 2 layers of cake
                Last edited by Chochobo; 11-11-2011, 11:01 AM.
                "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
                started @400+pounds
                CW: 191lbs 15%BF
                PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
                UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Comment

When I first started the Primal Blueprint almost 1 year ago, I refused to give up fruit. I was eating 2-3 bananas, apples, kiwis and a whole melon every day. For the first time in my life, I wasn't eating cookies, chips, and candy bars. I lost a lot of weight and then hit a stall. Re-examining my diet and reading up on fructose led me to limit the fruit I was eating. When I cut most of it out, I lost weight again. Similar stalls were broke by cutting out dairy, potatoes, rice, and artificial sweetners. So, my advice is eat what you want, but if you aren't getting results follow the PB and see what you can tolerate.

I currently eat 1-2 servings of fruit a day, mostly berries but sometimes a banana or pear.

Comment

Just the fructose in it.... too much fructose not so good. Is it a carb up day Chochobo I thought you didnt recommend sugar for that
                    Primal since March 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Chochobo View Post
                      nothing wrong with fruit shoot i just baked a lowfat coffee cake made with a blueberry jam with 2 cups of berries, stevia and some tapioca flour and added it to the middle of 2 layers of cake
                      Is your before picture on the right or left? 2 layers of cake?

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                        Is your before picture on the right or left? 2 layers of cake?
                        I ate 5 cakes every Friday for 6 weeks straight. Lost quite a bit of body fat doing that. I miss 1,000g of carbohydrate Fridays. I can't wait to pick them back up next week
                        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I've been slowly making adjustments.

First, I cut all grains, period.

Next, I cut way back on processed foods.

Almost 3 weeks ago, I cut dairy.

Now it looks like I'll be cutting fruit next.

Once I have things under control, maybe I can find a happy place of a serving of berries or an apple daily. But it sure is looking like I should put fruit in the "indulgence" category, along with dark chocolate and red wine.
                          F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

I am 'cold turkey' with fruit because I find that it's a 'trigger food' for me--anything sweet will do that.

I find, however, that I can sometimes manage it if it's in a restaurant setting--i.e. self-limiting. But I don't buy fruit to have at home--ever.

Comment

Jackie have you cut your omega 6 consumption as well -- see choco you got me on the ball lol

Are you making your own salad dressing? Check out these if not: Homemade Dressing Mix Variety Pack (French Garden, Napa Garden & Italian Garden), 3.3 to 4-Ounce Containers: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
                              What about mayo?

What about lean conventional meat, or have you gone grass fed?
                              Primal since March 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X